Wayne's Profile...

Hey guys,

I was just reading some of the artist profiles, because I like the stories and interviews there. And after reading a whole bunch, I decided to look at Wayne Houchins again. Then, I realized something. Originally, under Waynes picture, it said: "Theory11 Creative Director" or something like that. But now it just says "artist".

Was there really ever a "creative director"???? Or did he ass the title on or something? Just curious.

Dylan P.

May 31, 2008
Hey guys,

I was just reading some of the artist profiles, because I like the stories and interviews there. And after reading a whole bunch, I decided to look at Wayne Houchins again. Then, I realized something. Originally, under Waynes picture, it said: "Theory11 Creative Director" or something like that. But now it just says "artist".

Was there really ever a "creative director"???? Or did he ass the title on or something? Just curious.

Dylan P.

There's an interview with Wayne in this month's issue of Genii that explains everything.

May 31, 2008
But i don't recieve Genii. Could you explain it to me.

Sure, basically Jonathon Bayme, Chris Kenner, and B.J. Bueno asked him to help start Theory11. At that time he was the creative director because he edited all of the videos. He left Theory11, and now he doesn't do that, I guess that would make Andrei the creative director. Now he is just an artist because his effects are still being sold on the site.

Oh and by the way, subscribe to Genii, it rocks.

Sure, basically Jonathon Bayme, Chris Kenner, and B.J. Bueno asked him to help start Theory11. At that time he was the creative director because he edited all of the videos. He left Theory11, and now he doesn't do that, I guess that would make Andrei the creative director. Now he is just an artist because his effects are still being sold on the site.

Oh and by the way, subscribe to Genii, it rocks.

So, he doesn't work here anymore?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Guys,

There's truly no juicy story here, so this post can lay the issue to rest. We operate at a ridiculously aggressive production pace, and we've been at it since day one. It's not easy, and it's not always fun. Often enough, it is. But not always. We work hard, we sleep little, and we constantly go-go-go.

Wayne simply wanted to divert his focus to his own projects, work, and brand for the time being, and it's impossible not to respect that.

In the meantime, we've got a billion projects in the works at current. This is no juicy story and certainly no loss on the part of the theory11 family - we're all friends and we're all still jammin. Hope this clarifies the topic at hand.

I realize that the actual story doesn't sound all that exciting, so for anyone else that asks, just say that Wayne, Leonardo DiCaprio, and I got into a fight. Wayne was armed with a trident; I had a spear; and Leonardo had nunchucks. Leonardo won, while Wayne and I tied for second place after asking Leonardo to sign our spear and nunchucks, respectively.

May 31, 2008
Guys,

There's truly no juicy story here, so this post can lay the issue to rest. We operate at a ridiculously aggressive production pace, and we've been at it since day one. It's not easy, and it's not always fun. Often enough, it is. But not always. We work hard, we sleep little, and we constantly go-go-go.

Wayne simply wanted to divert his focus to his own projects, work, and brand for the time being, and it's impossible not to respect that.

In the meantime, we've got a billion projects in the works at current. This is no juicy story and certainly no loss on the part of the theory11 family - we're all friends and we're all still jammin. Hope this clarifies the topic at hand.

I realize that the actual story doesn't sound all that exciting, so for anyone else that asks, just say that Wayne, Leonardo DiCaprio, and I got into a fight. Wayne was armed with a trident; I had a spear; and Leonardo had nunchucks. Leonardo won, while Wayne and I tied for second place after asking Leonardo to sign our spear and nunchucks, respectively.

Alright, yeah that's what I thought. Some did you come to an agreement with Dana to still use his music?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results