Were my ideas stolen?? (Multiple discovery Theory)

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
So I have finally decided to do this thread! A Thread on Parallel Thinking, Multiple discovery, and maybe even plagiarisms.

...kind of

So I've teased, and hinted at this thread for about 6 years now. After watching TomSka's video on plagiarism I decided it was time. Next to my thrift store finds this may be the thread I've wanted to post the most excited for.
However, I said "kind of" for a reason. It will not be posted completely today. Often when I write threads lately I ramble and keep writing to the point where its not even fun to read. So to keep it concise I am NOT going to write this all in one sitting. Instead I will write this in bits and post it throughout the week(or month or year). Also I hope you the viewer can share their own stories in this thread.

With that out of the way lets start:
Parallel thinking (AKA Multiple discovery) in theory Is the idea that two people independently can come up with the same idea at the same time without ever knowing about each other. AS the old saying says "Great Minds think alike!"
Examples are
Such the time 2 different people came up with the comic strip concept Known as Dennis the menace
or
Tom & jerry and Looney Tunes had released 2 shorts with the same plot, music, jokes, and setting

When you are in a creative field this is bound to happen. Hard to be truly original. Ergo, this has happened to me. This has probably happened to you as well and I'd love to hear your stories! When this happens you may start to believe you've been ripped off and maybe you have. that is why we are here. Lets take a peak at some of the times some else had the same or similar ideas at the same time, and lets see if its multiple discovery or robbery.

CRISS ANGEL'S MAGIC WITH THE STARS

A very lovely show staring Criss Angel follows a magic competition show in which he judges non magician celebrities ability to perform magic. BUT did I do this first??
Now i won't ramble on about this one for too long seeing as I did a full thread here

My thoughts remain the same. (After rereading it it turns out that royalty joke is one I subconsciously stole from a JonTron video. So that's Ironic.) But I have seen the show now and its great.
VERDICT:
looking back I do still like to dream That very famous and powerful people enjoy my work but the odds of someone of that power finding it and turning into a show are essentially impossible. So I rule this one a complete coincidence and just an example of Multiple discovery def not robbery.

So thats all i got today. Let me know what times you feel you've been robbed. and be sure to tune in tomorrow (or whenever I write part 2) as I reveal the time a big name magic youtuber may have turned my pitch into their long running show👀

Reactions: JoshL8
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results