Wet Hand

Jun 17, 2008
malaysia
my hand is sweating most of the time. when i practise magic/ flourish, the card will spoil easily. any advices to overcome this problem?

In all seriousness. Get a clean sock. One with a high ankle part. Bobby's won't work. Make sure it's one you don't mind never wearing again, but make sure it is CLEAN.

Buy a bottle of baby powder. Non sented is okay. Fill the sock with baby powder. Knott off the end.

Now just toss the sock once in your hands each time you feel sweaty. dust your hands off, and resume magic.

problem solved.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I sometimes get sweaty hands as well, but it can usually be due to the weather. Hell you try not getting sweaty hands or anything when it's like 104 outside and 90 inside.

Sep 6, 2009
Actually, I recommend Aladdin smooth finish cards to you. I'm from Singapore, so it can be easily found. Anyway, the point is, it's hot and humid here all year round, so most card workers will discover their hands sweat a lot. However, I've found smooth finish to be resistant to sweaty palm, so I recommend it for you.

Jun 17, 2008
malaysia
Actually, I recommend Aladdin smooth finish cards to you. I'm from Singapore, so it can be easily found. Anyway, the point is, it's hot and humid here all year round, so most card workers will discover their hands sweat a lot. However, I've found smooth finish to be resistant to sweaty palm, so I recommend it for you.

thanks. i am in malaysia. just nearby your country. going to stock up some when i go singapore. do you know where to get the smooth finish aladdin cards in bulk there with a great price?

Sep 6, 2009
thanks. i am in malaysia. just nearby your country. going to stock up some when i go singapore. do you know where to get the smooth finish aladdin cards in bulk there with a great price?

Sorry I don't =P

But you can get them from convenience stores (we call them mama shops) for Singapore 3 dollars. At worst its 3.50

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I've posted this quite a few times on here but you can try any type of hand sanitizer like Purel. There is alcohol in it which helps dry out the skin. I use it all of the time and even put some on my hands before every gig to help with the sweating and nerves.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results