What do you think about S&M faces?

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
I think the court cards should have a more intricate design, its too plain. The designs of the backs and the aces are so much more complicated.

Well, there is simply two sides to my feeling when I see these. now let me share with you what they are.

1: The cards have been made simple, yet still they hold there elegance. And the simplicity is something rarely seen on face cards, so it is original and new. i like the way they look.

2: I feel that all that D&D really did was simplify them an make the backs and ace a bit more spiffy. so I don't think the deck should have taken so long to create. Especially with these simple face cards.

That is just my thoughts though. Anyone else share my veiws?

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
hmmm.. yeh, i don't like the court cards, they're just too simple. you see, if they were standard court cards, then they're simple, but because they've taken away from what the standard is, it becomes oversimplified.

that's why i like the centurions' court cards, they've kept the same design but simplified it by subtracting colour.

i reckon because of the hype as well, they'll be ridiculously overpriced.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I'm not sure if I like them or not.

Part of me loves the simplicity and elegance of them, but the other part of me (the psychotic madman part) says they're way too boring and should match the backs and the ace of spades with the intricate designs and whathaveyou.

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
beau·ty Audio Help /ˈbyuti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[byoo-tee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -ties. 1. the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).
2. a beautiful person, esp. a woman.
3. a beautiful thing, as a work of art or a building.
4. Often, beauties. something that is beautiful in nature or in some natural or artificial environment.
5. an individually pleasing or beautiful quality; grace; charm: a vivid blue area that is the one real beauty of the painting.
6. Informal. a particular advantage: One of the beauties of this medicine is the freedom from aftereffects.
7. (usually used ironically) something extraordinary: My sunburn was a real beauty.
8. something excellent of its kind: My old car was a beauty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1225–75; ME be(a)ute < OF beaute; r. ME bealte < OF beltet < VL *bellitāt- (s. of *bellitās), equiv. to L bell(us) fine + -itāt- -ity]

—Synonyms 1. loveliness, pulchritude, comeliness, fairness, attractiveness. 2. belle.

el·e·gance Audio Help (ěl'ĭ-gəns) Pronunciation Key
n.

Refinement, grace, and beauty in movement, appearance, or manners.
Tasteful opulence in form, decoration, or presentation.
Restraint and grace of style.
Scientific exactness and precision.

Something elegant.

-SM

Jun 19, 2008
brown box
beau·ty Audio Help /ˈbyuti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[byoo-tee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -ties. 1. the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).
2. a beautiful person, esp. a woman.
3. a beautiful thing, as a work of art or a building.
4. Often, beauties. something that is beautiful in nature or in some natural or artificial environment.
5. an individually pleasing or beautiful quality; grace; charm: a vivid blue area that is the one real beauty of the painting.
6. Informal. a particular advantage: One of the beauties of this medicine is the freedom from aftereffects.
7. (usually used ironically) something extraordinary: My sunburn was a real beauty.
8. something excellent of its kind: My old car was a beauty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1225–75; ME be(a)ute < OF beaute; r. ME bealte < OF beltet < VL *bellitāt- (s. of *bellitās), equiv. to L bell(us) fine + -itāt- -ity]

—Synonyms 1. loveliness, pulchritude, comeliness, fairness, attractiveness. 2. belle.

el·e·gance Audio Help (ěl'ĭ-gəns) Pronunciation Key
n.

Refinement, grace, and beauty in movement, appearance, or manners.
Tasteful opulence in form, decoration, or presentation.

Something elegant.

-SM

thats alotz. lol

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results