What does theory11 mean to you?

May 9, 2008
London, UK
Hey guys, kinda new here but I've been checking this place out for a while. I like the idea of this site and I think the results will prove interesting.
What I wanted to ask was; what does this site mean to you personally? What effect has it had on your magic and how do you suggest getting the best out of it?

Regards - Daniel

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I can't really find the right way to describe what theory11 means to me. Whenever I come here, I just feel happy; like I'm part of something - a little magic community, if you will. I can't really explain it, sorry.. perhaps when some other people post I can elaborate a bit.

Theory11 has helped my magic a lot, both through tricks and presentational ideas. I also got introduced to artists which I never knew, which has helped broaden my range a whole lot. I could go on and on about how theory11 has helped my magic, but I can't be bothered right now. :p

I'd have to say the same as Jakeh,

Theory 11 has truly helped me alot, regardless that I only own some 1 on 1s and thats it those even help. Whenever I see a performance video it makes feel happy and motivates me further. Also it introduced me to a little thing called Flourishing :D, which I'm having a great time practicing.

Theory 11 is a reviver of magic, it does more than make tricks, it makes you go further.

~PaCo

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Ah yes, the 1-on-1's are such a fantastic thing. I perform a lot of them because they're just fun to do, really. That's another way theory11 has helped me out - it's added such amazing tricks to my repetoire and best of all, impromptu and simple ones.

Sep 1, 2007
To me, Theory 11 is less a store and more a community. Theory is truly the first place I have come across that has a mission to further magic as an art. That comes across in the form the artists interacting with forum members, the 1-on-1s, and the Cerca Trova forum.

Here, I feel that what I do is special, because it is. Unlike other magic "providers" (whose names won't b E mentioned, heheh...typo...), T11 tries to instill within each of its members that we are artists and we should take our art seriously.

May 9, 2008
London, UK
Interesting

That's an interesting response from you guys, if this lives up to what you have experienced then I am sure I'll enjoy my stay :).

Oct 6, 2007
Theory11 is like an interactive magic center.

I mean, of course, the technological side of things form the web design to the video editing etc. is really kick A**.

But also, we have the artists talking to US and an active community. We have new artists joining all the time...great effects....and of course...

The 1-on-1 section. Probably the most 'revolutionary' aspect of T11. Quick, AMAZING effects for a good price. Thats the way to sell effects.

theory11, like a young child, is still developing yet it still opens up a new world of magic for every magician. Strange tricks that seem to defy reality are born on theory11 everyday. And Theory11 means freedom and oportunity for everyone.

Sep 1, 2007
To me, theory11's community seems too big for me to feel comfortable in. I belong to another magic forum, magichat.co.uk, and I really like the close-knit feel of there. Theory11 to me is the sort of place where you probably could be forgotten even if you make some very solid points and spend your time answering questions and critiquing people's videos, but when someone famous like Allan Hagen or something (not meaning to pick on you, but I'm sure my drift is gotten...) posts something, then everyone goes wow he made a post.

Also, I don't like the way that theory11 sells their products. There is a lot of bashing of Ellusionist (more implicitly by the official people, but more explicitly on the forums), but then when something like Believe is sold, there is a lot of E-style marketing tactics.

D

Deleted member 2755

Theory 11 to me is simple. It's a magic shop and a forum.:p However, without Theory 11 I would not be anywhere near to my skill level without them. I was pretty much soley buying from E at the start. Then Theory 11 started up and I was actually disappointed about the fact that people such as Houchin and Bayme were part of it. Then I grew to love Theory 11. :) It's just great because we don't only have to talk about their stuff. We can talk about other magic site's stuff, and other topics in magic aside from the products. Plus it's great because the reviews section is full of reviews of magic products from all sorts of different places. I like Theory 11 a lot.

-Doug

Feb 23, 2008
Houston
www.myspace.com
Theory 11 means a place that I can go to that I know keeps it real and doesn't sell out like other sites, which I need not list since everyone already knows. I know that I can count on their products to come through, the community to provide valuable insight, exc.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results