What does your deck say about you?

Dec 26, 2009
you can eliminate all doubt in their mind that you're using "one of those funny magic decks"

However, since there are very few people that carry around decks of cards, I usually keep a deck of black tally ho fan backs in my pocket.

You must have done some real digging in the forums to find this thread, but I will respond anyway.

You contradict your self horribly in the above quotes. You state that you use the personal deck of the spectator, when available, to eliminate the doubt that you are using a "magic deck", BUT you carry and perform with a deck that looks far from normal and nonmagical, IMO. I understand if the cards just "feel right" but If you want to eliminate the doubt why put the doubt there by using a strange looking deck?

Personally, if I was a spectator and a magician pulled a deck of cards out of his pocket to perform a magic trick and they were not red or blue I would instantly be skeptical of the deck in play. That being said, I have and on occasion do use Bicycle Eco Edition playing cards, but in some cases I believe the back design of the Bicycle playing card, no matter the color, counteracts all thought of the color of the deck. The reason for my thoughts on that are because EVERYONE recognizes Bicycle Playing Cards. They may not know what the name of the cards, but they all recognize the back design.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results