What DVD/Book?

Jun 27, 2010
Hello,

I have been doing cardistry for a little bit now, i can do the basics like fans, and springs. I can also perform "Preqel" by the Bucks and also the "Molecules" by the Bucks and a couple others.

I was wondering what DVD or book woulld be the best for me and if I'm ready for the System.

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. I the the Trilogy.

May 10, 2010
P.S. I the the Trilogy.

I think you meant "I have the Trilogy"?

If that's the case, I assure you Trilogy will last you quite a while. If you know the Molecule cuts, you should carry on learning and mastering all the variations. If you know Preqel, I suggest you start learning Pandora. I've seen great works on youtube that pair these two flourishes together, it's amazing. After that well, Jackson Five's probably gonna take a while to master!

Meanwhile if I intepreted wrongly and you don't have the Trilogy, I suggest you get Daniel Madison's Lethal or Dangerous DVD. One thing to note is that Dangerous is only worth your money if you're into tricks as well. If you're not, then stick to Lethal because Lethal teaches all of Motion's flourishes.

Jun 10, 2010
Lethal's only 10 dollars... If you just buy the first dvd (mystique) and lethal, you are getting 2x the flourishes for 10 dollars less than mystique + motion. However, you would have to buy lethal from danielmadison.co.uk (d+M's site), and it takes 2-4 weeks to ship for US customers.

Still, the other half of the flourishes taught on lethal are worth the 10 bucks, so I'd try buying dangerous... and genesis.
Dangerous - 49.95 for both dvd's.
Lethal - 10 bucks
Genesis - 35 bucks.

Trilogy:
Flourishes dvd - 29.95
Full set - 75 dollars (5 dollar discount for flourishes with purchase of full set)

Jun 27, 2010
Saborfang17,

Yeah i was looking at genesis and i may get it because some of the flouishes on the trilogy are too advanced.

Cheers,
Chris

Jun 10, 2010
Saborfang17,

Yeah i was looking at genesis and i may get it because some of the flouishes on the trilogy are too advanced.

Cheers,
Chris

Genesis is great, my friends have raved about it and i'm about to buy it. Trilogy's flourishes don't really suit me, they're really advanced (for me, atleast), and 2-4 different angles with words randomly popping up on the screen are quite confusing. Genesis and Dangerous have Andrei (or d+M for dangerous) talking, with words and slow-motion overviews for some of the more difficult parts. Anyways, genesis is meant to be like that, considering it's "volume one - the essentials."

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Hey there!

When I first got started in flourishing, I started immediately with the Trilogy. While this did not seem like a good move on my part, I believe that I am a much better flourisher now because of it (still not good, just relatively). The challenges in the trilogy will make you practice more and work a lot more on smoothness. You will finally do a flourish well for the first time, but you will hate how choppy it is and work more and more on it. In this way, you get much better. I suggest you start with Eko. And if you want a real challenge that will take you a few months, Pandora. I would also suggest looking into J5. The real gems in there (for me) are Madonna 3 (first phase) and Genesis (last phase).

Good luck!

-G

Dec 22, 2009
Hong Kong
recently nik ahn released a project with up to date creative but easy flourishes, and its like 10 flourishes for 15 bucks(mostly flashy, and simple flourishes which are extremely spiny)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results