What if people ask to shuffle the deck?

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
i did an entire routine today based on this idea...

a girl who's seen me do pretty much everything i do asked to see a trick so i said
ok,

i had to improv, its a great exercise for any art i feel.

what i did was shuffled, and i *cough, pal cough, med* her card. and followed with " you shuffle" so she did,

i walked a ways a way and leaned against the wall,

she said, "ok, now find it" and i said, "you find it" and i pointed to the card case back over by her

she freaked, i'm gonna call that lazy web's card trick. its not original by any means, but the presentation might be.

so try to use that urge to your advantage if and only if you can't prevent it.

notice she didnt ask to shuffle, i offered.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
You can simply ask them to shuffle before they even pick a card. At that point asking to shuffle again seems redundant but they may still misremember it as them picking a card, shuffling it, etc and you find it anyway.

Also, marked decks?

Hi,

I hope you guys can help me with this. Say your spectator pick a card and you are supposed to 'lose' the card in the deck. But what if your spectator asks to shuffle even though you have false shuffled it?

One way from what I have seen from another magician was to top palm the selected card. Yes. It may work, but sometimes the angle just ain't correct(esp when you are surrounded etc).

So i thinking whether you guys have any tips to avoid the spectator from asking you in the first place?

thanks.=)
have a peek at the card above their card as they place it in....you then can go into a mind reading routine and tell them the name of their card...

do a crimp and you still have their card....

perform a tenkai as you place their card inside and let them shuffle...you have the card in your hand...

do it simultaneously...i do a smooth version of this..if u don't know what i mean...i can send you some video...pm me for this...

Dec 14, 2007
Hi,

One way from what I have seen from another magician was to top palm the selected card. Yes. It may work, but sometimes the angle just ain't correct(esp when you are surrounded etc).

Palming, properly executed, will always work, can be performed surrounded, and there are no angle issues.

Nov 8, 2009
Spade444 has a great answer.

(Darn you Spade444 you read my mind and said my answer :mad:)

Just Kidding :p

The way I normally had a card selected 75% of the time is I do a dribble and when they say "Stop" the packet in my right hand still has pressure applied to it and I am able to peak at the bottom card of that pile, which I show to them as their card to memorize, that way whenever I mess up (Pray I don't) I always go into another trick when I used to mess up a couple years ago as an amateur, where I look in the deck and say "The … isn't even in the deck, I show the card is gone in the general way I hide a card and then palm it and give them the deck. Then I say I always keep one card in my back pocket for good luck, it is their card.

So you can use spade444's method or my dribble method I figured out. I kind of started to ramble up there in my paragragh but hey, I ramble.

"Always know the card for luck." -The voice in my head that I can't tell my parents about…

Thank you.. :)

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
Palming, properly executed, will always work, can be performed surrounded, and there are no angle issues.
Yep. Even Gambler's cop can be left unnoticed if performed well and if there's enough misdirection (You don't believe me? Just watch the performances in Dangerous by Daniel Madison, this move has been executed several times there in front of crowd surrounding him).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results