What is the craziest flourish you've accidentally done?

Sep 2, 2007
Mine would probably be a mid-air fan I did when I did the 360 deck flip but flicked my wrist diagonally (hard to explain) and the deck did 2 360s and spread in mid-air. I caught it in my other hand and it was like a perfect fan. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. =)

I doubt it was a perfect fan. or even 180 degress...and thats if it even happend.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I doubt it was a perfect fan. or even 180 degress...and thats if it even happend.

Sounds totally possible to me. Depending on the condition of the cards, the way it is tossed, or certain contact with certain fingers before it is launched could, in theory, produce that effect.

Well who's the better flourisher you or Jonas....

Card handling experience has absolutely nothing to do with this. I, personally, agree with both Jonas and Scape Goat here. It's true that all mistakes made should be learning experiences, it's true that regret doesn't accomplish much. I don't agree that you should make more mistakes, per se. You can accomplish and learn things without making mistakes. :)

-Vince

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
did you just se "per say" ? lol

i also don't really believe that a perfect fan was made that way because the cards would have to be in perfect condition. it was probably a ugly but somewhat round fan. as long as we're making stuff up though, one time I tried to do eight perfect shuffles but when I did a ribbon spread it spelled out my checking account number. twice.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
did you just se "per say" ? lol

Pwned! :eek:

i also don't really believe that a perfect fan was made that way because the cards would have to be in perfect condition. it was probably a ugly but somewhat round fan. as long as we're making stuff up though, one time I tried to do eight perfect shuffles but when I did a ribbon spread it spelled out my checking account number. twice.

The fan was most likely not perfect, but I believe that a rather pretty fan could TOTALLY be produced. :)

-Vince

It wasn't me, but I saw a kid with no card experience, take my cards and whip out a Carahan Fan. He didn't even now what it was, but he can do it. I thought he was a god, because I had never seen it done in real life, and from a noobie... preposterous. :)
It was great!

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
It wasn't me, but I saw a kid with no card experience, take my cards and whip out a Carahan Fan. He didn't even now what it was, but he can do it. I thought he was a god, because I had never seen it done in real life, and from a noobie... preposterous. :)
It was great!

lol, a similar experience happened to me =P A friend of mine who's a total noob was attempting to do a knuckle cut and somehow popped up a long distance spinner XD I'm still not able to do it after several months with cards XP

Mine was probably when I was doing a LDS variation and flung off about 3 cards at once. And 1,2,3 landed back into my hand in a row. Looked really cool in the mirror. One time only though. Also, I've done some crazy stuff with the hotshot cut.

Sep 1, 2007
(Virginia, USA)
I did a carnahan fan, but with 2 cards, to display them. Because of the force of the fan opening, the right card spun 360 around my thumb and landed in my hand, while the left card spun into the air.

I caught both. :)

Sep 1, 2007
well i like this topic

once i was doing a cobra cut i am not sure what it was but i'll describe it.

it was like a king cobra but instead of the triangle in your hand it was just two packets.

and when i went to catch them i caught them in a triangle and i was recording it for a video. Then i deleted it -.-

Aug 31, 2007
well i like this topic

once i was doing a cobra cut i am not sure what it was but i'll describe it.

it was like a king cobra but instead of the triangle in your hand it was just two packets.

and when i went to catch them i caught them in a triangle and i was recording it for a video. Then i deleted it -.-

I'll bet you did!

I think this thread is just to make up stuff....
I once tried practicing a Charlier (Boy is it Hard!), and I suddenly popped into a perfect Leno! Amazing! Spectacular! Crazy! Per say!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results