What is the craziest flourish you've accidentally done?

Sep 2, 2007
hey all! I was wondering, what was the craziest flourish you've done accidentally? For me it was a:

180 packet flip followed by a one handed waterfall over my other hand.

Now, how did you do this amazing flourish? You may ask. Well...I don;t know! I was trying to have one packet flip over my other arm, and then catch it on the other side. but I let go of it wierd and then it started to flip and spread out, and then it waterfalled after the flip!

Dex

Sep 18, 2007
North of France.
I was training for vertigo (which I still can't manage)

And when i kicked the packet it split into two halfs, and I caught both of them in each hand, they both remained perfectly square, face down... Cool moment I must say :D

Sep 1, 2007
I was doing a Sybil and a card flew out. I just continued doing it and suddenly the card spun back right into the sybil. =D

Sep 2, 2007
Remember to learn from your mistakes, and not to never do them again, but to try to do them again. Failure isn't always something negative, sometime it's a opened door leading to areas you probably weren't going to explore anyway.

Sep 2, 2007
Good point Jaspas. I am now in the oprocess of trying to be able to do the one handed watercfall. and it;'s coming good!

Sep 1, 2007
You're welcome Dizzi :p

Anyways try using my method to do the waterfall spread!

Right hand grips the deck with middle finger and thumb along the short edges and as it does so, the left hand bevels the deck to the right of the performer.

Now use your ring finger to 'KICK' the deck and twist your hand upwards. Done correctly this will cause the deck to waterfall.

Catch it.

YAY! SIMPLE AS PIE!

Sep 1, 2007
Antartica.
Remember to learn from your mistakes, and not to never do them again, but to try to do them again. Failure isn't always something negative, sometime it's a opened door leading to areas you probably weren't going to explore anyway.

Nothing can be further than the truth. I don't believe in mistakes, only learning experiences. Never regret, only learn and move on.

-Craig

Sep 2, 2007
I emant Jonas, not Jaspas. XD Jaspas, I don't get it...mind teaching me on mebeam?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 4, 2007
new york
The craziest one i did on accident is when i was practicing arm spreads and i would spread and throw it in the air and catch it in the hand the spread was on. So anyway i did it it went into the air, squared up and flipped around 360 degrees and i caught it. It was awsome.

Aug 31, 2007
California
one time i like whipped my right hand back a bit by accident and had my tornado cut do like a 720 degree spin and it was like perfect. crazyy

Nov 8, 2007
This is true...

I was doing a sybil when i was ending the cuts, one of the piles fell and i kicked it back up (just like what dan dave did in trilogy). and it ended up at the top of the pack (finished sybil), returning to original order. Not just that, all cards were squared up properly except 2 cards fell out... THE 2 ACES... and when I picked them up I realised there was another ace at the bottom pack. 3 aces production!!! ((I know it's not all 4 aces but i think it's cool haha)

Nov 17, 2007
Mine would probably be a mid-air fan I did when I did the 360 deck flip but flicked my wrist diagonally (hard to explain) and the deck did 2 360s and spread in mid-air. I caught it in my other hand and it was like a perfect fan. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. =)

Aug 31, 2007
UK
I'll repeat what I have said before on decknique ,
This one time I dropped 5 cards and they were all red , except for 3 of them.

Sep 2, 2007
This, by far, is the craziest flourish that I've accidentally done. Back in the day, when I was practicing False Sybil outside in the snow, a neophyte bumped into me, causing a plethora of cards to jump in the air.

Fortunately, I was able to gather numerous cards: my left arm at a 65 degree angle grabbed a packet of cards with my pinkie, ring finger, and thumb, while my middle finger and index finger caught a few clumped cards. (I never thought that I would ever be thankful for cards that clump.)

Moreover, my right hand, which was across my body, but parallel to the ground, was able to front-palm and back-palm several cards. As my fingers met, I was able to bring the cards together, with what I like to call "The Marty Broduer."

Unfortunately, I'm not Neo, and more than 86.538% of my cards were ruined. But, it was worth it.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results