What is the next thing I must buy?

I have a problem with this. I have enough money now to buy some effects, but which one?? Here is my favorites list:

- Loops + guerilla guide
- Trilogy
- Wait for ultragaff
(any other suggestions???)

Now, I want to know what the ''must buy'' cards are. which cards are the best for flourishing, which for magic tricks?:confused::confused:

If any of you have any ideas, then post it here. It will help me a lot!:D:D

Thanks,

Björn

Nov 11, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
I don't know your skill level, but the trilogy is one of the most helpful and incredible compilations of magic and flourishing that there is. I feel kind of weird advertising it for Dan and Dave, but it really is a masterpiece.

I'd also pay the ten bucks for some Loops because those are extremely useful. You don't necessarily need to guide, just be a little creative!

thanks.

about my skill level, i'm doing magic for 1.5 years now and flourishing for about half a year. I learned a lot from decknique and from magic books and dvd's.
it should be okay. can perform for an audience without being caught. I have a lot of sleights i can do, but i want more! that's why I posted this.

Björn

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
I say wait for the ultrahaff then decide. But don't get the gorilla guide to loops.

For flourishing, bikes and tallys are good. For magic, Bikes. The regular red and blue ones.

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
if you like to practice get trilogy
if you dont then go get some ice cream or something

Sep 1, 2007
New Studs are nice for flourishing, but that's my opinion; anyway you can buy some at your local Walgreens. If you don't have a local Walgreens I'd try waiting for DB2's S&M Deck or try out some Centurions and Wynn Decks.
-Peace

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Get some Tallys and Bikes. Those are the best cards you can ever have. If you want to go flashier get some Red Wynns and Centurions for magic.

As for DVD and bookwise, Trilogy is good. Totally Out of Control by Chris Kenner is an excellent book with some intermediate effects.

If you feel more confident with your handling abilities, get Aaron Fisher's Paper Engine. It's an incredible book.

Benjamin Earl's Past Midnight DVD set is amazing, and I would say get that if you want more satisfying tricks than the Trilogy. It's the best DVD I have ever bought. It's priced at about the same as the Trilogy, so you can choose either one.

David

Aug 31, 2007
how long have you been doing magic? what's your skill level?

You haven't told us anything about you in your post.

Trilogy is great, i love it, but advanced stuff.

if your more beginner get royal road. i have been doing magic for 2.5-3 years and use lots from it, the sleights everyday, and the tricks/routines too.

Even if your intermediate and still dont have royal road to card magic, get it for sure. If you think you are ready, go ahead and get trilogy. i don't like gaff decks, because i prefer to accomplish tricks with sleight of hand, not some self working gaff.

Also i have gotten Totally out of Control, and thats sweet too.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I have a problem with this. I have enough money now to buy some effects, but which one??

I think your whole attitude is wrong. Sean_Raf put it nicely on a recent thread.
I don't get why it's always "What next?" it's the second thread I've seen this year and there's probably going to be many more.

We all fall into the trap of buying the next thing that we see that we love. I've done it *raises hand* guilty as charged - and I'm betting there's a few of you reading this that know they've done it too.

The fact of the matter is, if it's always "What next?" "What next?" "What next?" we never concern ourselves with "Now" and by the time we realise this, it's too late and we have so much magic in our heads that we don't know what to do with it.

If you're in the position where you're asking yourself "What next?" but you know you've already got quite a lot supposedly "under your belt" I urge you to go back and find just one, one absolute gem of magic that you own and perform it the best you've ever done any piece of magic.

Who knows? Perhaps you'll even find something you didn't know existed and it'll inspire you to create your own effect or handling of a trick.

Stop concerning yourself with the latest and greatest, make sure that what you do now is the greatest - and the stuff you see laid out before you, is just the stuff you can utilize if you honestly feel you need to.

Think folks. :)
- Sean

P.S. This post has been entirely my own opinion on things and I've wanted to post it for a while, some of it may make sense --- most of it will not. I just hope that someone can see where I'm coming from and tries out the Gem Theory.

Now, I want to know what the ''must buy'' cards are. which cards are the best for flourishing, which for magic tricks?:confused::confused:
Buy cheapest United States Playind Cards Company cards you can find from your area. They all feel pretty much the same.

Mar 14, 2008
I have heard great things about Tally Ho cards, the Trilogy by Dan and Dave Buck, and Past Midnight by Benjamin Earl.

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
they have amazing quality
look very common, no suspicion
and are dirt cheap

sold

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Hey, the best thing in your list is The Trilogy, but it's kinda hard, you have to practice alot. Anway I think you should get Panic by Aaron Fisher too! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results