What is the thinnest deck of playing cards on the planet?

Dec 31, 2018
It depends on the paper and the finish of the cards. The cohorts are printed on cartamundi’s new Slimline stock (known as E7) which is the finest stock out there. So any cards which uses this stock is therefore the finest too.

byronblaq

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Manipulation cards are far thinner than your standard deck. You could also look at the Phoenix doubledecker cards.

if you’re after useful cards then the E7 stock or penguin elite bikes are pretty decent.

BB

Dec 10, 2019
Why are you asking? Super thin playing cards are only good for a few things (stage manipulation, some specialized flourishing). Honestly, get a few decks of bees, the extra think stock last for years (I still regularly perform with my year-and-a-half old deck.

Feb 20, 2017
France
I have never handled a Cohort deck but the Virtuoso FW17 is really thin compared to all my other decks. Don't you guys think that Cartamundi True Linen B9 finish decks are really thick ?

byronblaq

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Don't you guys think that Cartamundi True Linen B9 finish decks are really thick ?

the B9 stock is huge. Probably the thickest deck I own.

As for using thinner decks, I use both regularly but thin decks are a treat for bottom dealing. Using both will make you proficient with anything you’re handed though.

both have benefits.
BB

Reactions: Vzayy
Dec 22, 2019
I own both Virtuoso playing cards and B9 finish playing cards. Virtuoso are the thinnest, but they’re more difficult and expensive to get.

Reactions: Vzayy
Feb 20, 2017
France
I own both Virtuoso playing cards and B9 finish playing cards. Virtuoso are the thinnest, but they’re more difficult and expensive to get.
With the last drop of FW17 in December I think it might not be that hard to get your hands on some cheap virts even though the previous virts editions can get quite expensive but compared to fontaine's it's nothing.

Reactions: Theorist19
Oct 13, 2019
Why are you asking? Super thin playing cards are only good for a few things (stage manipulation, some specialized flourishing). Honestly, get a few decks of bees, the extra think stock last for years (I still regularly perform with my year-and-a-half old deck.
I was just curious. I dont do magic, just wanted to see which deck was the thinnest. Just like a world record, you dont ask they guy who had the worlds longest fingernails why he had the worlds longest fingernails. I use medium decks, not too thin but not too thick. virts are not bad for me. I do cardistry but not magic.

Mar 15, 2018
boardgamegeek.com
I don't know if it is the "thinnest on the planet". But in terms of decks available in reasonable quantities on the mass market, the thinnest is definitely Cartamundi's "Slimline" E7 card stock. As mentioned already, it's used for their Cohorts deck, and Ellusionist has also used it for several other decks like Tinker Playing Cards and Marbles Playing Cards.
The B9 True Linen Finish decks by Cartamundi are very soft, but they are thicker than a regular USPCC produced decks, whereas the E7 Slimline decks are noticeably thinner. I've covered this in an article here:

The Cartamundi Decks: A comparison between their popular finishes
https://playingcarddecks.com/blogs/...s-a-comparison-between-their-popular-finishes

Just be aware that Ellusionist's marketing photos for the E7 deck is somewhat misleading, and they make these decks look far thinner than what they actually are. See this article for a complete exposure of the facts.

False Advertising: An exercise in exposing a misleading product picture
https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/91300

qKeN6Lx.jpg

The "thin-crush" decks by USPCC have a similar handling and performance to Cartamundi's Slimline E7 stock, but the Cartamundi decks are definitely still thinner overall.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results