What to buy?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Hey guys! I'm going to a magic shop in Chicago today (I'm on break). I'm going to one of these 2 shops:
http://www.magicinc.net/tricks.aspx?page=3
http://www.ashsmagic.com/
Do you guys have any recommendations as to what I should buy (I'm looking for mostly card magic, very usable tricks, and cheaper books with more general info)? And please give a one or two sentence overview of the recommendations.

Thanks!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Wow, Magic Inc.! Started by Laurie Ireland and run by Jay Marshall and Frances Ireland Marshall. Ask them about the history of the store. Tell them what you like and they will have lots of suggestions.

How about Ed Marlo's work? Maybe pick up Revolutionary Card Technique (they published the book and a lot of other Marlo stuff).

Talk to the folks there. Show them some of your stuff. Enjoy

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Wow, Magic Inc.! Started by Laurie Ireland and run by Jay Marshall and Frances Ireland Marshall. Ask them about the history of the store. Tell them what you like and they will have lots of suggestions.

How about Ed Marlo's work? Maybe pick up Revolutionary Card Technique (they published the book and a lot of other Marlo stuff).

Talk to the folks there. Show them some of your stuff. Enjoy
Thanks! I was thinking about looking into Marlo's stuff!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I bought Revolutionary Card Technique by Marlo and It looks amazing.
Thanks!
I was also going to buy Michael Ammar's Card to Ceiling, but they were sold out :\ I'll buy it from penguin I guess :)

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I'm glad you enjoyed the visit and RCT is a great book that gives insight into Ed Marlo's thinking. I actually had to call Magic Inc. yesterday to see if they could get me a copy of Marlo's Advanced Fingertip Control (which is not reprinted in RCT) for a project I'm working on.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results