What type of Deck to use?

Feb 11, 2014
Hey guys, i dont know if any one else has experienced the same problem as me but i feel like Bicycle cards just arent right for me. I have my double lifts and some sleights down pretty good but when i perform with Bicycle cards you can sometimes tell im lifting 2 cards. Because of this i bought a pair of Aviator playing cards from my local Walmart and they feel much better to me and my double lift doesnt show anymore. Has anyone experienced this before? if so, what decks do you guys use?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Hey guys, i dont know if any one else has experienced the same problem as me but i feel like Bicycle cards just arent right for me. I have my double lifts and some sleights down pretty good but when i perform with Bicycle cards you can sometimes tell im lifting 2 cards. Because of this i bought a pair of Aviator playing cards from my local Walmart and they feel much better to me and my double lift doesnt show anymore. Has anyone experienced this before? if so, what decks do you guys use?

I use nothing but Bicycles. I have noticed this a little bit too, but I'm attributing the 'clumping' to more of a handling issue than anything else on my part.

If the Aviators work for you, go for it. But this is one of those 'unless I'm in front of you and watching, I don't know if it is the cards or your handling'.

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
I think that there is an explanation to why you prefer the Aviators for double lifts. Most designer cards as well as Bicycle cards have an Air Cushion Finish to it. I believe that these micro indentations allow the cards to glide better on each other for a longer period of time. Aviators however use a plastic coating (I think it is plastic, but it could be something else). This plastic coating allows the cards to "stick" together better as there aren't any air pockets in between. However with Aviators the handling will decrease over time as oil or dirt from you hand builds up on the card thereby messing up the smooth finish.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results