What's one deck you wish you owned?

scottmcb

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2013
Sydney, Australia
What is the one deck of cards you wish you owned but for one reason or another you don't own it?

Mine would be the Rarebit playing cards. I really wish I picked them up when they were available but now my only hope is spending $100 on them on eBay. And that's the reason I don't own then yet haha.

So what's yours?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'd like to get one of those really old decks which are engraved into silver.

But I either own or have on order every modern deck I've really wanted.

Jan 29, 2011
The District
What's one deck you wish you owned?
The perfect deck. The deck that fits every one of my wants as a performer of close-up card magic:

* Artistically pleasing yet fairly simple back design, preferably black or blue with white boarders. (I like my Rebels and Shifters but I love my black NOCs!)
Symmetrical design, not one-way, so single/double/triple lifts won't show a discrepancy with the rotation of the card below.

* White faces, with standard Bicycle face design & color (no dark red hearts & diamonds, no gold in place of yellow on court cards) so all of my age-old gaffs with standard Bicycle faces will match.

* Marked on the back of the cards. Either the Ted Lesley/Pro-M or the Boris Wild marks.

* Comes with a double-backer card.

* Comes with one duplicate spot card.

* Both Jokers are identical.

* The Bicycle Q1 card stock, with air-cushioned finish.

* Cut with a diagonal blade, or whatever that rumor is for some decks; such that the corners are soft & smooth to a thumb's riffle. =)

* A good paper & ink smell, like a black & white comic book. ^_^ I mean it. Blue Crown's Vaudeville deck is the best smelling deck, IMO.

Did I forget to mention an aspect? Reasonably priced? Or exclusively priced?

Any other deck I want I can buy with money or already own. :p

Apr 17, 2013
My one buddy back in High School had a seriously mean mono green elf deck that just couldn't be beat. Man I always wanted to have a deck like that.

Forget that Dead Guy Red was and five color blue were where it was at. My version of Dead guy had 16 Arabian night mountains and beta bolts. I was stylin

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Black Dr. Leon, hands down. For one reason or another, I'm retiring card collection anyhow, so it probably won't happen.

Apr 17, 2013
Pish posh. Let's take a trip through Weatherlight and I'll break out my blue Icy Manipulator/ Control deck and we'll have a fun rousing game of Mother May I?

The Mirage Block is where dead guy red was from. turn one Mog Fanatic Turn two Mog Flunkie Mog turn three Mog flinkie and jackle pup. Turn four Ball lightining attack bolt fireblast. That is 24 point right there in a turn. Tradewind what? And heven forbid I got the cursed scroll down. I stopped playing after that "Lets get you to draw out before you even get a turn" deck popped up in T2

Nov 30, 2013
Hilliard, OH
Ooh, Rarebits is a really good one. I didn't know about them, until it was too late. I think some other ones that are really beautiful, but are sold out now, are the Ornate Collection cards. They are really beautiful in my opinion. And if not those, than the Empire Deck by KingsandCrooks. but those are gone now... :-(

Apr 17, 2013
Mirari from the next block set after that made those decks a whole lot more "fun" to play against as well. Here I'll just tap this and recast that. Mill, mill, mill.

Then there was high tides in type 1x. There was a reason I spent most of my time playing type 1 and 1.5 You knew what you were getting into. The last time I played on a high level was the PTQ in Columbus where trix showed up for the first time. Since no one knew about it no one could meta for it. We were all still playing cradle ball or five color green or the mono black speed.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Then there was high tides in type 1x. There was a reason I spent most of my time playing type 1 and 1.5 You knew what you were getting into. The last time I played on a high level was the PTQ in Columbus where trix showed up for the first time. Since no one knew about it no one could meta for it. We were all still playing cradle ball or five color green or the mono black speed.

....You guys are just saying words, aren't you?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results