What's the difference?

Mar 16, 2010
Lithuania
I want to buy expert at the card table and i see that on penguinagic it costs 8,95 but on dan and daves site - 74,95. Whats the difference?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
The difference is because on Dan and Dave's site, they sell the reprint of the FIRST EDITION Erdnase, not a cheap paperback copy. If you want history and class on your bookshelf, get Dan and Dave's. If you dont have much money, get the Penguin Erdnase.

-Casey

Feb 20, 2010
Toronto, Canada
What CRproductions said is correct, the copy of Expert at the Card Table available at penguin is a cheaper paperback copy. The facsimile edition that Dan and Dave supply are a rarer (750 copies made) exact replica of the original book. I personally bought the facsimile edition because i know it is a book that should be produced in that manner, one i will be constantly refering back to as the bible of card handling, plus it just looks very elegant. so I recommend

From what i can tell the facsimile edition is sold out at Dan and Dave, you can check out revelations as well (description on D&D's website).

Nov 10, 2007
The one on penguin is a reprint of Expert at the Card Table, the one on D&D's site is a print of the 1st edition there are only 750 copies. If you are a collector get the one on D&D's site if not just get the on on penguin.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
There's also the $14 'Bible' edition put out by the CARC, which is the one I have and I like it.

Jul 13, 2009
What CRproductions said is correct, the copy of Expert at the Card Table available at penguin is a cheaper paperback copy. The facsimile edition that Dan and Dave supply are a rarer (750 copies made) exact replica of the original book. I personally bought the facsimile edition because i know it is a book that should be produced in that manner, one i will be constantly refering back...

Wait a sec, you bought a very rare book and you are using it?? My inner collector inside is yelling at you right now.

If you are going to actually use the book buy the one with lesser face value and tear that one to shreds. *sighs* Oh well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results