What's the difference?

one trick dvds, crazy ass shipping charges??

you guys have been brain washed by the hype

i have nothing against the site, but im trying to figure out what makes it different than ellusionist with ethics???

If you have such a problem with it then don't come onto the boards and complain after we've given you reasons, some of us like it for some reasons and others don't for their own. I for one think it's a great site with (so far) amazing products and if shipping bugs you and killer on trick DVD's do then tell Theory11 staff.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
that sounds great and all

but i would perfer to hear from the creators

Johnathon Bane (or how his last name is spelled, no disrespect)

works for ellusionist, so, seeing him be the CEO of T11, is no surprise at how the site is/ how it is

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
the site has only been opened for a few hours and like I have said in my other few replys, I don't think we should be quick to judge.

Ellusionist has good marketing skills and that is all theory 11 is doing, marketing there effects and company to make money. Not trieing to make it sound like theory11 is a bad plave but isn't that what every buisness primary objective is, to make money from it.

Ellusionist is good at marketing and just because theory 11 did somthing similiar does not mean this will be the next ellusionist (atleast I hope not).

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
You say that you love the site but it looks like you dispise it.

i dont dispise the site

i may sound harsh, but i will support the site, if i get the money, i will be purchasing Panic by Aaron Fisher, and anything else that looks like i could use, and would benefit me in my performances

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Hey guys,

As something brand new to the magic community, we completely understand the hesitation. Naturally, some are going to be uneasy and weary. All I ask is that you look at those involved with theory11, and understand that we're trying to be different than every other online magic site out there -- not a clone. Our focus is on community. Our focus is on you. What do you guys want? Because that's what it's about. YOU.

All of our artists are completely dedicated to this project. We've all poured our hearts, minds, and souls into this... because this is what we're passionate about. Many, many sleepless nights putting this all together.

So check out our stuff, but feel free to check out other sites. We don't claim to be the ONLY source for magic out there (though we are the best... and I have no bias whatsoever. Kidding.). There are other great resources. Explore them.

I hope to hear more from all of you soon. This has been an incredible experience, and it's only the beginning.

Hey guys,

As something brand new to the magic community, we completely understand the hesitation. Naturally, some are going to be uneasy and weary. All I ask is that you look at those involved with theory11, and understand that we're trying to be different than every other online magic site out there -- not a clone. Our focus is on community. Our focus is on you. What do you guys want? Because that's what it's about. YOU.

All of our artists are completely dedicated to this project. We've all poured our hearts, minds, and souls into this... because this is what we're passionate about. Many, many sleepless nights putting this all together.

So check out our stuff, but feel free to check out other sites. We don't claim to be the ONLY source for magic out there (though we are the best... and I have no bias whatsoever. Kidding.). There are other great resources. Explore them.

I hope to hear more from all of you soon. This has been an incredible experience, and it's only the beginning.

This is why I'm starting to love this site, because my input and others is GOING to be heard, and that's what I like hands on kind of work. It's really cool to know I'm chatting with famous magicians it just seems like your meeting a celebrity :D. But I appreciate all the work you've done and I hope others do to. And I'm sure I'll be submitting suggestions and such in the near future. Great job again...

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
hey jon, thank you for taking the time to respond

me personally, would like to see more 1 trick dvds on the site.

i dont care if you cover what clothes to wear for the trick and what color your underwear should be.

to me, personally, 1 trick dvds suck, why not pick up a book for 20 more dollars cheaper that has over at least, an hour of material more????

give us more BANG for our stinkin 30 bucks than a 1 trick dvd.....i understand that you guys are starting out, but consider that, i would really like to see more than 1 ASTONISHING trick dvd

have those types of dvds, fine, but still, have at least a few more than 1 trick dvd please

Sep 1, 2007
Somewhere in CA =]
Tell me what is the difference between Disney Land and Disney World?

Not that much actually.

Same goal

Like Target and Wal-Mart.

Just different ways of achieving it.

hey jon, thank you for taking the time to respond

me personally, would like to see more 1 trick dvds on the site.

i dont care if you cover what clothes to wear for the trick and what color your underwear should be.

to me, personally, 1 trick dvds suck, why not pick up a book for 20 more dollars cheaper that has over at least, an hour of material more????

give us more BANG for our stinkin 30 bucks than a 1 trick dvd.....i understand that you guys are starting out, but consider that, i would really like to see more than 1 ASTONISHING trick dvd

have those types of dvds, fine, but still, have at least a few more than 1 trick dvd please

Yeah Im with you on the "More than 1 trick a DVD". Except it's pretty hard to come up with a lot of effects for a DVD and make them original. Unless you want a DVD like Ninja which teaches "The Pass, One handed Pass, Erdnase Colour Change etc.". Now-a-days since lots of stuff has been figured out it's hard to come up with hours of original material from a single person which is unique unless you re-visit old stuff.

-RA69

*Yay for 50 posts :)

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
whats the differnece between theory11 and ellusionist???

its owned by some of the same people

BUT HEY

as long as prices are reasonable, the shipping isnt a bitch, and the tricks are hard hitting

then i have no problem, i want to see how this expands

I would love to see more than 1 Trick a DVD, but 1 Trick DVD's are far from useless. I'd also like to see some collaboration DVD's between the artists, rather than just Wayne Houchin releasing a DVD then Arron Fisher releasing one, seeing some DVD's with a collaboration of material from the different artists showing the different styles of each performer. The reason I have faith in this website is because I have followed and am a fan of many of the performers that have collaborated this website and feel that only good can come from the collaboration of such great minds.

This is just the beginning, I'm sure we will see the differences between Ellusionist and Theory 11 become more and more apparent as the days go by and site begins to develop into it's own form. I'm sure as a magician everyone here would have started seeming like another generic clone, as as you got used to things you developed your own style and flair for things. Give it time people, I personally can't wait to see more and I'm not even a magician.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
I would love to see more than 1 Trick a DVD, but 1 Trick DVD's are far from useless. I'd also like to see some collaboration DVD's between the artists, rather than just Wayne Houchin releasing a DVD then Arron Fisher releasing one, seeing some DVD's with a collaboration of material from the different artists showing the different styles of each performer. The reason I have faith in this website is because I have followed and am a fan of many of the performers that have collaborated this website and feel that only good can come from the collaboration of such great minds.

This is just the beginning, I'm sure we will see the differences between Ellusionist and Theory 11 become more and more apparent as the days go by and site begins to develop into it's own form. I'm sure as a magician everyone here would have started seeming like another generic clone, as as you got used to things you developed your own style and flair for things. Give it time people, I personally can't wait to see more and I'm not even a magician.

WHAT THE HELL???

care to expand please???

Sep 1, 2007
England
Does it matter?

Yes they are similar, that's because this kind of format seems to work in the magic market at the moment. Concerning the single trick DVDs, nobody is making you buy them. Buy them if you like them, if you don't want it... don't buy it!

Also, whoever said Brad has been doing magic a long time... that doesn't mean anything. You could practice forever and still be bad. Not saying he necessarily is, but the reason you gave for him being a good magician was invalid.

Tom

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
as long as prices are reasonable, the shipping isnt a bitch, and the tricks are hard hitting
Broken down into simplest form, haha. I dug your response.

Do understand that we're much more than that though. We're trying to build an entire community. A place where you can learn and grow together, right alongside the best performers and creators in the magic industry.

Stay tuned.

True, we all need to just remember uhh how long has this been open? 3 maybe 4 hours. In due time we'll get more product but, collaboration DVD's would be so cool. I love the Guerilla Guides because one of my favourite performers is in it as well (Danny Garcia). :p

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
England
how is it owned by the same people

Jon Raiker and J. Bayme both USED to work for E... they don't at the moment though...

Guardian, Bayme left E months ago!

Anyway, I don't see too much point in this thread because most of the reasons given you have responded to saying 'how can you know this, it's only been open 4 hours' etc.

Tom

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results