When to be Funny?

Oct 6, 2007
I don't prepare my jokes. I don't have a set time when I say them. But if I see a moment, and think of something clever to say, it'll come out. I don't plan jokes at all. I just wing it. =)

Anthony Bass

Word.

And for 'SHANE BLACK'...I'm not a professional. Heck! I'm only 15! But what I'm syaing is that your jokes etc should me suited to your audience, reactions, environment, etc.

You're not always going to be able to find the 'tested' audience and the jokes you 'tested' will probably not work for some audience. I mean, if you're going to memorize your whole routine, and perform it exactly as you planned, that's great for shows. But for me, I don't dig shows. I just love performing in school and whenever I feel like it.

Proably your and my opinino is different, because the way we present our art is differen.t

Word.

And for 'SHANE BLACK'...I'm not a professional. Heck! I'm only 15! But what I'm syaing is that your jokes etc should me suited to your audience, reactions, environment, etc.

You're not always going to be able to find the 'tested' audience and the jokes you 'tested' will probably not work for some audience. I mean, if you're going to memorize your whole routine, and perform it exactly as you planned, that's great for shows. But for me, I don't dig shows. I just love performing in school and whenever I feel like it.

Proably your and my opinino is different, because the way we present our art is differen.t

There's nothing wrong with that Darosa I respect you for that. I myself have about 90% of my routine's already planned and the other 10% is me impromptu to fit each audience differently. Thats how I perform but nothing is ever set in stone with me.

Peace! :)

Shane.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think it really depends what your performing style is. If you are a funny person then you would probably try and crack a joke as often as you can, if you are a more serious performer, you may avoid telling jokes and what not.

It all really depends on what kind of performer you are.

But then there is the fact of which tricks to do it with. For example, while slowing down your pulse in control, I am sure you wouldn't wnat to pull out a joke.

So there are rigth and wrong times, it is somthing you will just come to notice, you can't really explain it.

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
Humor has its place when it's a part of your personality. People can tell when you fake being serious, sad, or funny. 90% of communication is nonverbal. You can say the best joke ever in the history of the world, but if your body language and facial expressions dictate a different mood, it wont be funny at all. Whereas you can say something tragic and dark, but if you have a lighter demeanor and personality you can bring it across as funny.

To me it's all about being natural. I'm naturally humorous and sarcastic- and i bring that into my presentation when i do affects. Also in case of control it will be every more enthralling when i purposefully change the mood and let the specs know about the darker side- they will know it's a serious topic because i have legitimately changed my demeanor.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results