Where to buy coins?

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys,
I have two questions for you coin experts on this forum :D.

I just bought Chris Kenner's Totally out of Control(which is epic btw) and I'm looking to start practicing menage et trois, I was wondering what coins you guys would recommend for this effect, I know they need to be heavily worn dollars, but I'm looking to only spend around $6 on each coin.

What coins would you guys recommend?

And where would you recommend I buy them?

Cheers,
ElisG.

Mar 29, 2008
Good, worn dollar coins are goin to cost more then 6 dollars, unless you can luck out and get them cheap, where at I honestly do not know

hmm ...well you can find Morgan Dollars on Ebay, but at minimum they will go for 15 each ... you might want to try Eisenhower Dollars .. they should be cheaper .. you can try going down to your local bank and see if they haven any Eisenhower Dollars. if you prefer a smaller coin. then try half dollars .. Kennedy Halfs are going to be the cheapest if you get anything from 1965 or newer.... its the 64's that will cost a little more because of the silver content.. again you can find these either on Ebay or your local Bank.... or if there is a coin shop in your town try to go there and ask for their "slicks" which are the worn down coins that to the coin collectors have very low value, but to a magician would be priceless since these are worn coins and will not talk when practicing/performing.

Sep 1, 2007
Good, worn dollar coins are goin to cost more then 6 dollars,

Yeah thats what I've found, I was just hoping someone could direct me to a coin that wasn't very valuable, but was good for coin handling.

Plus to all you guys saying check the bank, I'm a brit :\.

Cheers
ElisG.

Nov 11, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
On the topic of coins, I was online looking for a shell for a silver dollar preferably, or a half dollar. I've looked at a couple of websites, but they're all sets of 4 (and a half) coins, and sell for way to much money for my liking. Is there a place where I can just buy the shell and "hope" it fits the regulation size coins that I have now? Thanks in advance.

SG

Mar 29, 2008
Yeah thats what I've found, I was just hoping someone could direct me to a coin that wasn't very valuable, but was good for coin handling.

Plus to all you guys saying check the bank, I'm a brit :\.

Cheers
ElisG.

ah, menage et trois(well, 3 fly) can be donewith 1/2 dollars to, worn dollar coins are just recomended because they dont talk as much, are larger(looks more visual, and impressive) and imo handle nicer then any other coin I have seen, worn morgens=awesome.

now, I could be wrong, English pennies are roughly the same size as kennedy halves, however I am not good at remembering foreign coins, so it may be a differant one

Aug 31, 2007
I used a Johnson half dollar shell for a long time. Solid coinage they make, but IKE's are ooogly. I would go get some cheap chinese coins or something along those lines. Don't need big ole american dollars to do 3 fly, get some fat chinese coins and tell people they use to be normal size until your Uncle Harry sat on them.

-Sypris

Sep 1, 2007
ah, menage et trois(well, 3 fly) can be donewith 1/2 dollars to, worn dollar coins are just recomended because they dont talk as much, are larger(looks more visual, and impressive) and imo handle nicer then any other coin I have seen, worn morgens=awesome.

now, I could be wrong, English pennies are roughly the same size as kennedy halves, however I am not good at remembering foreign coins, so it may be a differant one

Yeah, I'm pretty much after the size of a dollar. I have some really worn 1921 English Pennies, but I'd rather use dollars.

Thanks

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results