Where to perform?

Jan 5, 2008
Malls in my experience are risky. One day I was going through The Mall and getting good reactions(i was using the ghost gaff deck) and mall security came up and told me I that did not have a permit for gambling or a stand and I was escourted out of the mall. Pretty ****ing embarassing. Malls belong to people that act like they have something stuck up their ***. The streets basically belong to the people who don't have a schedule, in other words people who have time to watch.

Dec 28, 2007
Random street performances are risky.

In the UK you are liable for any accidents, damages or injuries that can be attributed to you act.
People are generally busy and untrusting of strangers so you are likely to get told to go away (or worse).
Also filming people opens another “can of worms” and you could end up with your camera getting smashed up (as well as you).

If you want a venue that will be conducive to you doing magic, try these ideas.

1. If you are old enough, a bar is good. Often the manager will be ok with this if you ask permission and don’t cause any problems. I did this at a local bar and now I get free every time of go there. I also got a gig for the bouncer’s daughter’s birthday party and an offer to perform in London on New Year’s eve at a top night-club.

2. If you are too young to go to bars, look out for local and charity events and volunteer. The organisers will be very happy for you to help and you will have an appreciative audience. You might even get into the local paper and also get a written reference (which is very good to have). You will also be helping others too.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results