Which cards do you use?

Apr 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
It depends on the material I'm doing. If I am doing something using gaffs, I use standard bikes.

However, if my material is all sleight of hand, I like guardians, shadow masters and artifice.

Sep 17, 2007
Most formal shows (where I use gaffs): Red Bikes

Casual performance/practice: Regular Bikes, World Poker Tour Bees, Studs, Karnival Midnights, Karnival Renegades.

Jan 11, 2011
Thanks for all the feedback guys :D
Now, one more question: Which cards (that are available right now) perform the best, as in double lifts, fans, passes, and magic sleights in general (not flourishes). Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Thanks for all the feedback guys :D
Now, one more question: Which cards (that are available right now) perform the best, as in double lifts, fans, passes, and magic sleights in general (not flourishes). Thanks!

AKong,

In many ways, to each his own. Jason England's definition of a perfect deck may be completely different than Dan White's, yours, or mine. Our goal at theory11 and in partnership with Bicycle is to produce decks with stellar design that are durable, smooth, crisp, and long-lasting.

Many people prefer using standard Bicycle cards simply due to the fact that they're the most ubiquitous - they're everywhere, and everyone has seen them. For those of that opinion but desiring more durability and a bit sleeker aesthetic, it's hard to beat the Bicycle Titanium's.

All in all, there's only one way to find out what deck you like the most. So on that note - check your email. We sent out a few decks on the house so you can experiment and see which one YOU like the most. ;)

Feb 4, 2008
AKong,

In many ways, to each his own. Jason England's definition of a perfect deck may be completely different than Dan White's, yours, or mine. Our goal at theory11 and in partnership with Bicycle is to produce decks with stellar design that are durable, smooth, crisp, and long-lasting.

Many people prefer using standard Bicycle cards simply due to the fact that they're the most ubiquitous - they're everywhere, and everyone has seen them. For those of that opinion but desiring more durability and a bit sleeker aesthetic, it's hard to beat the Bicycle Titanium's.

All in all, there's only one way to find out what deck you like the most. So on that note - check your email. We sent out a few decks on the house so you can experiment and see which one YOU like the most. ;)

That is awful nice of you guys! He is right though. Different cards have different characteristics and are not inherently "better or worse." I go through pains to review cards based on characteristics(without regards to my personal preferences) Nobody is completely free from subjective biases in a thing like a card review but I do my darnedest! Here is my buyers guide and perhaps some of the info in there will help you. http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?30984-Playing-Card-Buyers-Guide

When I am not reviewing cards I tend to pick up one of two decks depending on what I am doing. Gambling demos and table magic I prefer Bee cards on an Aristocrat stock(Expert At The Card Table cards or Bee Stingers) for in hands (walk around) magic and flourishing I prefer Fournier 605s. For professional performances I prefer the same as everybody else Bike rider backs. Cheap and ugly and a bazillion gaffs to choose from. I don't care if they get torn up, mangled, beer spilt on them, or puked on. They are a cheap crappy card that are....."expendable!"

Jan 11, 2011
AKong,

WOW!! Thank you SO much! This has got to be the nicest thing any business has ever done for me. Sending cards on the house? I think you just raised the bar of amazing customer service. You will not have to worry about ever losing my business here. Kudos to you!! Thanks again! :)

Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
AKong,

Hey, J. I don't know what cards to use either... haha ;)

Well, on a serious note. This is regarding the first-- you know what I'll just PM you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results