Which cards do you use?

Jan 11, 2011
Hey. I was just wondering what cards all the other magicians out there are using. Regular Bikes? Arcanes? Sentinels? Stingers? Artifice? Whatever, you get my point. Whichever cards you use, list them here, and please tell why. Thanks! :)

Jerry's Nugget-because I'm a pimp
Violet Wynn-because I'm a pimp
S&M v.5-because I'm a pimp
Texan-because I'm classic
Expert at the Card Table-because I like the box

Magically Yours
Tricky Devil

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 30, 2011
tallies- longer lasting than bikes for just a bit more
tally ho viper- longest lasting cards i own. amazing.
bee erdnase- soft and handle beautifully
bees- perfect for doubles and second deals because of the lack of borders
snm v5- because they're the best i've ever owned.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Red bikes, I have a few effects I do that require writing on the back of cards.
Stingers

... The cards I've stopped using are Sentinels. The pips are just too small that it makes it hard when you are showing a card to a huge group

Apr 9, 2011
I always use standard 808 bicycles, both red and blue. I have to use standard backs because any lay audience would suspect i am using trick cards if i used a "cardistry" deck. If they see the cards as special and unique, they must believe it has something to do with the method. I also always give my decks away after every performance... and don't want to be giving away anything sexy! when i practice, I love the feel of a Tally-Ho.

-Jason Ladanye

Tally Ho Black Backs
Guardians
Artifice (These are my children.)

I tend to use either Bikes or Studs more consistently because they're cheap and easy to get a hold of.

However, I feel that from now on i'll probably be making my wallet stretch a little farther for the three I listed from now on.

Jun 9, 2011
I use standard bikes because they handle good, and in case i drop them or they ruined, it isn't as big of a deal. :)

Jul 7, 2010
I like steamboat or aviator cards because they are a bit hardier than standard bikes and they handle just as well if not better. They're a little more expensive though.

Jul 19, 2010
I use just regular bikes, mandolins and the vintage cards, cause they really look like what they are, A F***ING DECK OF CARDS! I don't try to make such a big deal about my material, sure it's fun to practice with a cool and nice deck, but it doesn't make you a better magician. What makes you a good magician is to be able to take any deck of cards and still impress, sure cardistry is one thing, you flourish boys can use strange cards cause no one but you yourself does really care.

//Carl Stanley

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I use just regular bikes, mandolins and the vintage cards, cause they really look like what they are, A F***ING DECK OF CARDS! I don't try to make such a big deal about my material, sure it's fun to practice with a cool and nice deck, but it doesn't make you a better magician. What makes you a good magician is to be able to take any deck of cards and still impress, sure cardistry is one thing, you flourish boys can use strange cards cause no one but you yourself does really care.

//Carl Stanley

Actually, I am sure that you would rather see a giant fan with an interesting back design rather than a plain back...

Jul 19, 2010
Actually, I am sure that you would rather see a giant fan with an interesting back design rather than a plain back...
Actually i don't think they do, Magic IS a better way to entertain. In my opinion Cardistry has nothing with magic to do, sure we use the spring, pressure fan and a few cool stuff, but they're for something. But what do you want it to look like when you do card magic, if u do that, Magical or skillful?

//Carl Stanley

Well, I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure no one here said anything about any deck making them better magicians.

I also don't understand why you seem to be so angry and mean spirited. :confused:

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Actually i don't think they do, Magic IS a better way to entertain. In my opinion Cardistry has nothing with magic to do, sure we use the spring, pressure fan and a few cool stuff, but they're for something. But what do you want it to look like when you do card magic, if u do that, Magical or skillful?

...What?

You said, "you flourish boys can use strange cards cause no one but you yourself does really care," and I was saying that the people watching a flourish video would rather see a giant fan with cards that look interesting rather than without.

I'm not sure where I said that Cardistry is better to entertain. If you really want to get into those kinds of debates, talk with Andrei...and be prepared to lose.

And by the way, some magicians do go for the "skillful" approach rather than the magical.

Let's try and be a bit more positive.

PS: I am pretty sure there are people out there that perform just to look cool and have fun. Not everyone has your type of mentality when it comes to performing. Also, what exactly is a "F***ING DECK OF CARDS" and what do they look like? Last time I checked, everything I have seen (in terms of custom decks) looks like a deck of cards. You can't possibly tell me that a deck that has the intention of having a dark theme ceases to be a deck of cards? Let's also try and be reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 19, 2010
...What?

You said, "you flourish boys can use strange cards cause no one but you yourself does really care," and I was saying that the people watching a flourish video would rather see a giant fan with cards that look interesting rather than without.

I'm not sure where I said that Cardistry is better to entertain. If you really want to get into those kinds of debates, talk with Andrei...and be prepared to lose.

And by the way, some magicians do go for the "skillful" approach rather than the magical.

Let's try and be a bit more positive.

PS: I am pretty sure there are people out there that perform just to look cool and have fun. Not everyone has your type of mentality when it comes to performing. Also, what exactly is a "F***ING DECK OF CARDS" and what do they look like. Last time I checked, everything I have seen (in terms of custom decks) looks like a deck of cards. You can't possibly tell me that a deck that has the intention of having a dark theme ceases to be a deck of cards? Let's also try and be reasonable.
Okey i'm sorry if i sounded angry xD And sure i would probably lose against Andrei, but i had a bad morning ;) Anyway, it wasn't meant to you guys, i'm just so bored by all these small kids that think cardistry is magic and all that kind of stuff. Sometimes people don't know that they have an artform in their hands and they don't know how to handle it. Sure I'm probably to serious about this thing, haha maybe i'm TOO passioned about these card tricks

And sure it's probably better with a cool deck in a flourshing video, but i wouldn't actually care if it was a sentinel deck or a regular deck och "F***ING PLAYINGCARDS" ;) And yeah a deck of sentinels sure is a deck of cards but I'm "the magical type"and want to entertain, and for that, I'm SURE that for example sentinels aren't the best cards to use, or... it might just be here in Sweden ;)

Haha anyway, sorry if i've upset any of you guys and also excuse my bad english

//Carl Stanley

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results