Which Effect to Buy?

Feb 23, 2008
Houston
www.myspace.com
Hey Everyone I'm new to the site, this is my first post, but I'm not knew to magic. I'm about to make my first purchase here, and I'm picking up the full set of Trilogy for sure, but I can't decide between the other effects. I think I'm only going to be able to get one other dvd but I might be able to pick up 2. I'm trying to decide between Control, Panic, Digital Dissolve, and Distortion. Which one(s) do you think I should get and why? Or do you think I should go with one of the other effects like Witness or TNR?

Well it all depends on what you want to do.

Do you want to stop someones pulse?

Vanish a deck?

Move pips on a card?

Or do a super visual coin transpo?

I highly reccomend Panic, but everyone of those tricks are great, but some people are dissapointed in Distortion because the gimmick can be fragile.

If your a impromptu/mentalism type of guy I reccomend Control. But your not going to want to go around to some random person and stop their pulse. it's one of those tricks you build up to because it's really strong.

Or a coin guy I would go with Digital Dissolve, which are made with some of the best quality gimmicked coins you can get.

Panic works better for close-up, but it's possible to do walkaround with it.

And if you want something pretty much self-working I would reccomend Witness which is a fantastic effect.

Panic is my favorite, but if I had to get one I would definately get Control.

Sep 1, 2007
I seriously recommend you go for Digital Dissolve, that is, if you'll be performing. I thinks that it's good to mix up a routine and DD seems like a very powerful and yet simple coin routine. That way, with the Trilogy, you're not suffocating your audience with only cards. You're suffocating them with coins too...

(note: I would advise against suffocating your audience)

Sep 2, 2007
i agree with jackofspadesnik; also i would look at the one on one section. im sure you are looking into cards if you are picking up trilogy. i would list off tricks and gimmicks here, but look around. whatever you think you can perform you should get. i own a few tricks here and they are worth the price and many are under priced when you consider the instruction.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results