Which trick to get?

Apr 5, 2009
which should i get? i saw theese tricks and they looked pretty kool so here they are: slr,punture,tattoo joe,warp one,lady bug,deep 3,u v night shades or just restless by hauss?

May 30, 2010
Australia
That's a long list of really good effects. I would suggest taking as much as your financial abilities can handle. Get all of them. According to some Recollection Philosophy, "If you were tasked to open and enter one of a hundred doors in a hall,which one would you choose?"

"The first?"

"The tenth?"

"Or the last?"

"The best answer is to open each door and find which one you like to go in to..." In my opinion, same thing applies to this problem. Buy those in the list, and learn and use the ones that you like....

Apr 1, 2009
California
Lots of Paul Harris there... just pick up Art Of Astonishment or True Astonishment even... Perhaps both! I have both sets and not once disappointed.

Jan 16, 2008
I actually slightly disagree with you for once AsherF.
joeymagicfreak you seem to be quite interested in many of Paul Harris' products, therefore AsherF recommended you get Paul's extensive and amazing materials Art of Astonishment and True Astonishment DVD set. Both of these are quite pricey (at least for me), so if you have never tried Paul Harris' material, you should get one of his more inexpensive products and see how you like his way of thinking. After the initial "taster", you can decide whether or not to buy more of his stuff or the other products on your list.
As for me, I would recommend you only get one product out of those you listed, and work hard at perfecting it. Even if you dislike it, don't throw it away or hide it in a back drawer; think about it, digest it, try to make it yours. You bought it in the first place -- why give up?
If you love it after you buy it, cheers for you!

Good luck.

Apr 5, 2009
ok

I actually slightly disagree with you for once AsherF.
joeymagicfreak you seem to be quite interested in many of Paul Harris' products, therefore AsherF recommended you get Paul's extensive and amazing materials Art of Astonishment and True Astonishment DVD set. Both of these are quite pricey (at least for me), so if you have never tried Paul Harris' material, you should get one of his more inexpensive products and see how you like his way of thinking. After the initial "taster", you can decide whether or not to buy more of his stuff or the other products on your list.
As for me, I would recommend you only get one product out of those you listed, and work hard at perfecting it. Even if you dislike it, don't throw it away or hide it in a back drawer; think about it, digest it, try to make it yours. You bought it in the first place -- why give up?
If you love it after you buy it, cheers for you!

Good luck.
No, i already have some PH stuff and i just saw those couple of tricks and wanted them but ive also wanted TA for a while so if i dont buy those or all those tricks i listed above i can then save up enough for TA

Apr 1, 2009
California
I stand by what I said. The Art Of Astonishment has been the most influential set of books in my entire library. TA happened to be the perfect follow up. TA is a masterclass in of itself. Anyone who buys AOA and assumes it's just a bunch of effects is not ready for it. Yes, it's an investment, but it's one of the few in magic that you could build a career off of without spending thousands. What do you get? In Art of Astonishment you get at least a hundred effects. more than that even. They're all brilliant, out of the box, visual. You also get a course in a new vision of magic. It's not laid out like a text book, you have to find these lessons yourself. I can't say enough about it. TA... a new collection of Paul Harris effects, same brilliant visual thinking, but seeing as this isn't a review, I won't go into detail on the effects. But what's equally worth the 300 is not the effects you see. it's the easter eggs. You are given a wealth of knowledge worth far more than 300 dollars in the many interviews. Sure focus on one effect or two, at a time. That's logic... I'm just helping you save some money here as well. 30 bucks for one paul harris effect at a time... or this...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results