Witness: A Review On Simplicity

I will admit my idea came to me from knowing how another 'similar' trick is done, I won't say which because that might help people :p I'm not so sure that laymen would work it out so easily.

Well I am pretty sure you mean the trick called Deuce Bag or sumthing like that which lee asher put in one of his lecture notes which my friend has..... pretty sure that trick = witness....

Sep 2, 2007
Well I am pretty sure you mean the trick called Deuce Bag or sumthing like that which lee asher put in one of his lecture notes which my friend has..... pretty sure that trick = witness....
Witness was formerly known as "Deuce Bag." It was taught by Lee Asher in his lectures and was available in his set of notes under the name Deuce Bag.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
Lee Asher never stated that it was a new effect. He only stated that it is now "shot on video," where it can be received by the "world in the latest, easiest, most popular fashion" with advice, tips, etc. that is not available in his notes:
Thanks for all the interest in Witness.

Yes, it's been in a set of notes before under the name Deuce Bag.
Yes, it uses a zip-lock bag.
Yes, this is something I've done at my lectures if you've seen me live.
Yes, it has no gimmicks.

This is the first time my piece has been shot on video. Every nuance and detail has been filmed by WH and DH to ensure you're going to learn it, and more importantly --- perform it.

Guaranteed you'll love to perform Witness!

Thanks for asking guys.

Asher

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
yes, it may be obvious to magicians, but honestly, I am not there to perform for magicians, but for layman, that's the job and Witness is killer simple magic. After talking to Lee personally yesterday (it was awesome to see him, he did Witness for my fiance) I am convinced that the construction of the trick (every nuance of it) has a purpose. It is amazing, and it involves a lot of audience interaction, which is always a big plus in my book.

Sep 9, 2007
Sadly, the card cannot be signed, unless it is your signature.

//David.Misner::

If you perform it before indecent, you can make them sign the card for indecent. pull the whole "I'm going to show you this again, in slow motion, and you can sign the card..." routine

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
If you perform it before indecent, you can make them sign the card for indecent. pull the whole "I'm going to show you this again, in slow motion, and you can sign the card..." routine

You just read my mind. That's actually exactly how I do it. I say, "Alright, let's do that again, but in a slightly different way. We are going to slow it down." I then proceed to perform Indecent. Hey, you know what would be cool? If you could find someway to turn the chosen card back into the Joker. Better yet, if you could find some way to get the Joker back into it's "original" position, so that you were ready to perform Witness again. Those of you who own Witness will know what I'm talking about.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Well Witness requires a bit of setup, to it isn't the best trick to do on the fly. I would have to go with Indecent, just because it is impromptu, visual, and looks a lot cleaner. Indecent has to be one of my favorite tricks of all time.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
this trick is definitely a killer if you play it on feelings and emotions while a woman is holding the card.

i dont think doing it that way on a guy is such a good idea though.

Apr 27, 2008
I always do witness because it fools your spectators and when you do the "move" I act like it was an accident and then do it in their hand if I can trust them or under their foot and then do a simple ACR and a disappearing card and then its in the ziploc bag. AMAZINGGGG

Feb 24, 2008
I just came across this thread.

I've actually been doing an impromptu signed card variation of Witness called "Criminal Witness." I always thought that the principal behind Witness was so clever that we could do much, much more than just a revelation.

My effect goes like this: A card is selected and signed, and lost in the deck. Magician explains that he will be using the Ace of Spades to do something really "special" (my patter for this trick is much more elaborate, but for simplicity's sake I cut it out). The Ace of Spades is placed in a plastic zip lock bag. The Ace is clearly seen to be in the bag, and the spectator can touch the bag/card. The ace in the bag is then placed on spectator's hand. Magician takes a random, indifferent card, and rubs it on the spectator's hand. This card turns into the ace of spades, with the signed card in the bag.

I spent about 2 months working out the handling to eliminate all funny/extraneous moves, and to make sure everything I did was logically motivated (this was perhaps the most important lesson I learned from Lee Asher's instruction video). I now do this trick all the freaking time.

Anyone else come up with a work-able impromptu version?

Evikshin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results