Witness : First Podcast & Contest? Find out.

In Indecent, a card penetrates into a bag.
In Witness, a card visually changes, while concealed in a bag.
So, its a super pimp color change. (from what i hear haha)

Calvin Lauber
The card does not visually change. There is no color change at all. In Witness/Deuce Bag, the card changes while they're holding the bag (with the card in it) in their hand. The effect is almost exactly like Here Then There, but the change happens in a ziplock bag (but the method is different from Here Then There, of course).

It's a great trick and a very clever and easy method. You guys are going to love it!

Question: Is it possible to routine this with Indecent, either by starting with Witness and then doing Indecent, or by doing Indecent and then changing it into another card with Witness? (If that made sense)
Or, is there some setup/cleanup involved that means you can't do them one after the other?

Ray

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
Well for one, putting a video on youtube is just as easy as typing out a written tutorial and scanning photos and putting it on a webpage. No matter what there will be a way to put any type of magic effect on the internet. DVD's just allow the best possibility for people to learn, since it's visual and you can see yourself first hand how it's done.

-RA69
And in that my friend you are deeply wrong.
First you'd have to READ the effect. And frankly... not many "magicians" are willing to take this "burden" to learn a new effect.

But I think Lee is better than that so hopefully we'll get something practical for the real world.

Are you saying that Indecent is not practical for the real world?

Exactly how is that??

It's one of the simplest things in the world to do after a bit of practice...I can't see how it's not practical??

Anyway...I'm looking forward to Witness, sounds very interesting.

Looks like I won't be saving any money anytime soon.

Rabid Out

Oct 2, 2007
They are both pretty practical in the real world. It comes down to which effect you want to perform. A transposition? or a transformation?

I guess it depends on the mood you're in. :)

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
>>Are you saying that Indecent is not practical for the real world?

>>Exactly how is that??

>>It's one of the simplest things in the world to do after a bit of practice...I can't >>see how it's not practical??

Sleight-of-hand-wise, Indecent was not difficult to execute at all. However, it will never work for me because of the part where it's out of my control. I can't generate the substance that allows the effect to work as well as it works on WH. And I really hate to use the "alternative" method(s).

First you'd have to READ the effect. And frankly... not many "magicians" are willing to take this "burden" to learn a new effect.

Some don't but, some do. And it's not such a burden to read some paragraphs. Still DVD's are worse to copy, but it is possible to type out or even scan books or notes.

-RA69

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa

Dude i read so fast and so easily, besides.. Thats how i got started. I still ned to get thirteen steps..
I abosorb the Information.

I am like a sponge, Not a mop.. But a sponge. a Yellow, Magical sponge with A green scrub pad.

Ray

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
Some don't but, some do. And it's not such a burden to read some paragraphs. Still DVD's are worse to copy, but it is possible to type out or even scan books or notes.

-RA69

There are few things that are impossible. Its even possible no nail the ace of spades on your forehead with a sledgehammer. You have to swallow the pain though.

What I wanted to say is, that it IS actually easier to put a video on youtube.

Or let me put it this way:
Copying something, that is already digital is less time intensive than copy something which isn't digital yet.

And it is the sad truth that most new magicians (I was close to say "young" magicians, but I could see the torches of the teenage mob comming along the street) don't want to spend a lot of time in their hobby(or art or whatever you get the point).
Just pop in a DVD, watch it for 2 hours and you are set to go.
NOBODY can tell me they can read Royal Road as fast as they watch Crash Course.

A DVD is compressed knowledge. Which is fine, but it shouldn't be the only knowledge source. I'd love it SO much if E or T11 would put up something in bookform. In fact I'd be the first one to buy one. It won't happen though because both know exactly what the "new magicians era" (nice word btw...) wants.
And they don't want books.

If you wanna proof me wrong, please do so. I'd be happy to be wrong.

Hey gang,

The initial podcast for WITNESS just released; it's short, to the point, and the first one in a series of three. More information about WITNESS will be included with each new podcast.

Take a moment and click the link below to listen to the first WITNESS podcast.

http://www.theory11.com/tricks/witness.php
(cut and paste if not clickable)

Tell your folks to remind you, set your alarm clocks, and configure your Google calendars. WITNESS releases on Halloween day: October 31st.

The theory11 crew and I shot all the footage in Las Vegas, including street performances on the strip. We spared no expense to ensure you'll learn this fantastic piece of magic after watching the instructional DVD. This is one of the most effective, powerful routines in my arsenal. Now, it's yours.

Wait until you see what we've produced for you. After viewing the first draft of the DVD; I have to say -- it looks super sexy!

WITNESS releases October 31, 2007.

I'll be there. Will you?

Cheers,
Asher

PS: There are rumors of a WITNESS contest. Find your answer later this week with release of the second WITNESS podcast. Stay tuned.

Sweet!!! I can't wait!

-Zodiac-

Sep 1, 2007
Are all the podcasts going to be this week? If so, they better hurry. I can't wait much longer.

Sep 2, 2007
This is gonna be awesome!!!
Jordan, remember that no matter how fast you click the "checkout" button, I am going to click it one second faster mwuahahahahahah!!! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results