Witness....

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
Right, but indecent and stigmata where not in books before they came out. At least not to my knowledge. Witness has been in a book for a wile. Its like there just recycling old effects and over charging them in order to make more money. Hence, my scam statement.

I mean does anyone here really think witness is worth $30 dollars?

p.s. why do people seem to think that if it's in a book its not as good? like if you learn from a book your at a huge disadvantage?

I'm confused, so what's your purpose of making this thread though...?
Was it to convince Theory11 not to release this product? Or you want to convince the customers not to buy the dvd?

IF people buy the Witness Dvd, that's because they want to learn from the dvd; most of them should already be awared of the fact that the trick is taught in the notes. It's not as if they are forcing them to buy the dvd or hiding the fact that the trick in taught somewhere else; the customers still have their own choice. So if they still decide to buy the dvd, it's their choice.

You are not forced to buy the dvd either; so you have nothing to lose; So why borther making a big deal out of this? :confused:

Sep 1, 2007
I'm confused, so what's your purpose of making this thread though...?
Was it to convince Theory11 not to release this product? Or you want to convince the customers not to buy the dvd?

IF people buy the Witness Dvd, that's because they want to learn from the dvd; most of them should already be awared of the fact that the trick is taught in the notes. It's not as if they are forcing them to buy the dvd or hiding the fact that the trick in taught somewhere else; the customers still have their own choice. So if they still decide to buy the dvd, it's their choice.

You are not forced to buy the dvd either; so you have nothing to lose; So why borther making a big deal out of this? :confused:

I'm saying t11 is in a way riping people off for a price like that. And I don't see the point of making a dvd for only 1 effect that is very simple and is already being sold in a book. I think its a waste of time, and I would of much rather have seen t11 just sell the notes here and focus there attention else where.

If people want to buy the dvd, thats fine. But it should not cost as much as it does. Thats the point. I would have no problem with it if it was like $16 dollars, but for like $30 its just ridiculous.

I'm saying t11 is in a way riping people off for a price like that. And I don't see the point of making a dvd for only 1 effect that is very simple and is already being sold in a book. I think its a waste of time, and I would of much rather have seen t11 just sell the notes here and focus there attention else where.

If people want to buy the dvd, thats fine. But it should not cost as much as it does. Thats the point. I would have no problem with it if it was like $16 dollars, but for like $30 its just ridiculous.

Who said it was going to be $30? That's more than Panic and Distortion. And those come with gimmicks, so you get a better deal. Witness will not come with a gimmick because it doesn't really use one, so it should logically be less than $24.95. Also isn't as visual as Panic and Distortion.

Oct 21, 2007
regardless your still paying for the teachings on the DVD. I love books, but also DVD's tend to visually teach you rather then using your mind while reading to teach you. regardless, you paying for the secret one way or another. it will be more expensive on a DVD because it's showing you visually what to do, it takes time to edit the DVD as well as other things, at the same time giving you the secret to it. Don't try to down it for what you think it should cost.

Some people still haven't heard of this affect, even though it was in the books. Some people have been doing magic for close to a year, this DVD is bringing back this affect.

I personally don't think it will be more than 25 dollars. If the trick is anywhere from 15-20 then I think that's reasonable. Trust me it's a great effect, I use it ALOT, it's a great trick and it will be great in any performance. Also don't forget to search for the hidden contest links ;). Cerca Trova.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
S3al,

Good reply to mine. My examples did not have booklet versions, but for exact examples, I'd look at beginner tricks. You could buy one of those beginner DVDs for 30$+ or you can just get Royal Road for 10$. It's just how the business works. Thinking Out Loud cost me 12$ and Deuce Bag is the only thing I use in it. If a very well produced DVD was around 20$, I have to say, for ME, it's a good deal and that's why I am getting it.

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
Guys,

The WITNESS DVD has years of subtleties, tips, and certain fine details not found in the notes. To end the price rumor, WITNESS will be $19.95 (the least expensive feature-length piece on the site thus far) -- not $30.

It's shot entirely in high definition on the streets of Las Vegas to show how to make the most out of this routine out performing in the real world.

If you think it's a scam - don't buy it. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

No one is forcing you to do anything. If you don't want it, that's your prerogative. However, to act like you're being ripped off because I choose to stick MY piece on DVD is silly.

When you create something, you can do what you want with it. I choose to share my information with the world in the latest, easiest, most popular fashion.

Good luck with what you do with yours.

Asher

ps. contest? 52? ohh it's going to get hot!

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Guys,

The WITNESS DVD has years of subtleties, tips, and certain fine details not found in the notes. To end the price rumor, WITNESS will be $19.95 (the least expensive feature-length piece on the site thus far) -- not $30.

It's shot entirely in high definition on the streets of Las Vegas to show how to make the most out of this routine out performing in the real world.

No one is forcing you to do anything. If you don't want it, that's your prerogative. However, to act like you're being ripped off because I choose to stick MY piece on DVD is silly.

When you create something, you can do what you want with it. I choose to share my information with the world in the latest, easiest, most popular fashion.

Asher

I have to say...I agree with you Lee. It's beginning to rub me the wrong way when I skim through the forums and see people being simply ungrateful. I mean, if it wasn't for effects and guys like you Lee...places like this wouldn't exsist.

Keep up the good work.

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
Guys,

Asher

Thanks for the update lee. I apologize if I offended you. I heard the dvd was going to sell for like $25-30, and thats what made me so mad. $20 dollars sounds much more reasonable, thanks for clearing that up.

although I still think its dumb to make a dvd for an effect thats always been in a book (I thought t11 was supposed to be this underground magic epicenter where they make new effects and not resell old ones) but for $20, its not so bad.

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
It's not old if you've never heard of it, seen it, or know about it -- right?

Theory11 took a risk that a majority of magicians world-wide have not seen my piece, and want to share it with a larger crowd.

Consider yourself special if you've seen me perform it live, or own the Thinking Out Loud notes.

After seeing the final cut -- WITNESS is sexy as hell and I am really proud to offer it up to you guys. It's going to be one piece of magic (in miracle class) you wont have to worry about messing up - it's a lesson in simplicity.

Powerful, memorable, and simple - what more can you ask for?

You will see shortly.

Asher

ps. if you're having problems with the contest hunt, PM me and I'll help you out some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results