World's greatest magic trick?

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
Didn't anyone of you read the word Repeat? Nobody has been able to do it the way I described. Not Daniel Madison, not Derren Brown.

No he can't. Not 100% surefire. Just quessing.

Derren Brown could probably do it because he is a brilliant magician, but he hasn't published any surefire methods. Just some very good ones that sadly aren't repeateble or very direct. Any mentalist could do it, you say? Give me a break.

Here is an solution use a confederate if they can act well enough it would fool us magicians...on video or live for that matter. May I draw your attention to madison and gianni or am delving into the realms of magic for us magicians.

matt

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
That is absolutely true.

Spectators will usually say "do it again" if something wasn't clear or if they have a possible solution in mind and they want to see if it is how you do it. This is possible to avoid by doing everything clearly, so that they don't want to see the effect a second time because it wouldn't explain anything.

Yeah, Ambitious Card blows :rolleyes: .

Have you asked them why they said that and gotten that answer? I have asked my close friends thats how i got my answers.

Ambitious card is a routine not a single effect. Each phase is(should be) different.
I have not seen an entertaining ambitous card in a while,from a laymens perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Have you asked them why they said that and gotten that answer? I have asked my close friends thats how i got my answers.

I have read and studied - that's how I've got my answers so far. People who are used to seeing magic have a different kind of perspective, so close friends may not be the most suitable control group for theoretical analysis.

Ambitious card is a routine not a single effect. Each phase is(should be) different.
I have not seen an entertaining ambitous card in a while,from a laymens perspective.

Can I ask you where have you learned Ambitious Card? Why should each phase be different?

Of course the method of each phase should be different and the routine should be constructed in a way that each phase cancels the other phases' methods out. The routine should have a single effect that is repeated: the card rises to the top. This is essential to a strong routine, that nowadays seems to be disappearing thanks to "magic teachers" who don't know what they're talking about. Now the routine seems to be that there is one signed card and it jumps to the top, to the bottom, disappears, changes, appears, jumps to pocket, jumps to wallet, appears to mouth, and so on. Anyone can be fooled if they are caught off guard. It doesn't take much skill to do this. People don't feel like it's magic if they feel like you only got away with something because they weren't looking for that. Yes, it could be surprising, but they feel cheated. And that's when people will want to see that again. Confusion is not magic.

Besides,spectators usually will always say "do it again!". Either they want to be sure of what they saw,figure out method or some other third thing.

I very rarely hear anyone to say that when I perform.

Sep 1, 2007
I really enjoyed that, thanks for bringing old memories back:)
Hey no probs RDChopper, it just one of those effects that will have an everlasting effect with me for life. Thank Youtube for even having the vid, otherwise I wouldn't know when it would be possible to ever see it again! In this case, Youtube is an "Angel" in terms of the availability of what magic should look like and the possibilities of feelings that magic can invoke, but this is an entirely different topic for a different thread (Cerca Trova). Definitely a classic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results