World's greatest magic trick?

That seems so complex, keep it simple. Expert Card Technique page 335 'crystal thought' a duplicate is all you need!

matt

I'm familiar with the trick and method, and I happen to like it. However, it still requires you to hold the deck after the card on the table has been "named". Which still leaves too much room for suspicion. With The Advocate & MS, all they should be seeing is you putting a card on the table, and then you turning it over. That's about as visual as Two Bucks, One Deck.

Dec 30, 2008
I'm familiar with the trick and method, and I happen to like it. However, it still requires you to hold the deck after the card on the table has been "named". Which still leaves too much room for suspicion. With The Advocate & MS, all they should be seeing is you putting a card on the table, and then you turning it over. That's about as visual as Two Bucks, One Deck.

Too soon!!! 8.....(

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
To be honest, I struggle to imagine a better trick than Derren Brown's version of Out of This World. Powerful, unexplainable, pure magic.

I also very regularly use Chris Kenner's Sybil the Trick. I absolutely adore this, due to the deviousness of the method.

Whilst I very much doubt these are the 'best' tricks there are, I like them both because whilst using cards, neither of them actually seem like a card trick. They are both so much more.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Killer Spies [/thread]

No seriously there is no one best trick. The best effect you can do is dependent on the impact on the audience. As long as they enjoy it you have done your job. It is the in the audience's own eyes what they love the most.

tjf

May 23, 2009
I like the big 'snapper' that Ricky Jay had in the old Majoke magazine.... #1 in my book! ;-)

I would have to go for Sinful by Wayne Houchie Wouchie.
When done well it's absuloutly amazing!
My older brother is also a magician and he fooled the crap out of me with it, I almost went mad trying to figure it out!

Sep 1, 2007
Didn't anyone of you read the word Repeat? Nobody has been able to do it the way I described. Not Daniel Madison, not Derren Brown.

Daniel Madison can.
Well,after psychological suggestion.

No he can't. Not 100% surefire. Just quessing.

Not to mention Derren Brown or pretty much any other mentalist out there.

Derren Brown could probably do it because he is a brilliant magician, but he hasn't published any surefire methods. Just some very good ones that sadly aren't repeateble or very direct. Any mentalist could do it, you say? Give me a break.

I wouldn't be to sure on that....

I would. I've done my homework.

You do realize you could actually do that with the exception of them turning it over themselves. The Advocate followed by The MacMillan Switch.

It's needless to say that above solution doesn't meet the requirements.

It's still a simple solution, but not a very good one since after the card is named all the heat will be on the tabled card. That would be the worst moment to do any kind of manipulation. Also the method would take place at the exact same time with the effect (the worst way to go) and when repeating the effect the audience would be very fast to suspect a switch of the cards.

If not counting flying around in broad daylight or shooting fireballs...

Put one card on the table. Have someone name any card. Have them turn over the card. It's the named card. Repeat.

Personal. Direct. Impossible.

Too bad nobody can do that.

This sounds like an interesting challenge, I am going to try and do this. Witch brings up an even better point then this thread.
Aren't we as magicians suppose to do the impossible? If we pitch an idea and you put enough effort into this, I am sure someone can come up with a plausible method.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
This sounds like an interesting challenge, I am going to try and do this. Witch brings up an even better point then this thread.
Aren't we as magicians suppose to do the impossible? If we pitch an idea and you put enough effort into this, I am sure someone can come up with a plausible method.

He's asking for the same effect just with a more sure-fire method.
Yeah itd be great to repeat the effect instantly with no reset but why would you? Would you honestly do it again to the same spectators.
Yes,we are supposed to do the impossible,like ive said before,but he's not asking for a new effect,just new method to an old one.

Sep 1, 2007
I still remember watching the episode of David Copperfield as a kid when he escaped from Alcatraz. Two very magical moments for me:

When he used a blanket to get him from one side of the jail bars to the other side without the camera losing the shot. Till this day I am still baffled by it.

But what really made me feel like he possessed real magic was when he turned the three coins that he carried and melted them into a lock pick set. After I saw that, I was so suspended in awe that I just thought he was able to do anything - hows that for the subtext or underlying message.
Hands + Coins = Freedom.

I've included the vid for those who'd want to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=david+copperfield+jail&aq=f

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Nailing it once could be just luck. We all know that, don't we? Laypeople certainly know.

If you present it as luck. I perform these type of effects with confidence that I am right.
And being called out on luck isnt something that happens often. Ive never heard it these past 12 years of performing. Besides,spectators usually will always say "do it again!". Either they want to be sure of what they saw,figure out method or some other third thing.
Anyways,seeing the same effect twice is boring.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I still remember watching the episode of David Copperfield as a kid when he escaped from Alcatraz. Two very magical moments for me:

When he used a blanket to get him from one side of the jail bars to the other side without the camera losing the shot. Till this day I am still baffled by it.

But what really made me feel like he possessed real magic was when he turned the three coins that he carried and melted them into a lock pick set. After I saw that, I was so suspended in awe that I just thought he was able to do anything - hows that for the subtext or underlying message.
Hands + Coins = Freedom.

I've included the vid for those who'd want to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=david+copperfield+jail&aq=f

I really enjoyed that, thanks for bringing old memories back:)

Sep 1, 2007
Repetition its not the only answer to this=)

That is absolutely true.

Besides,spectators usually will always say "do it again!". Either they want to be sure of what they saw,figure out method or some other third thing.

Spectators will usually say "do it again" if something wasn't clear or if they have a possible solution in mind and they want to see if it is how you do it. This is possible to avoid by doing everything clearly, so that they don't want to see the effect a second time because it wouldn't explain anything.

Anyways,seeing the same effect twice is boring.

Yeah, Ambitious Card blows :rolleyes: .

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results