Worn out decks?

Sep 3, 2007
I personally rip them up for fun... :) or just let me dog play with them. if they arent too worn out, i make some gimmicks and gaffs with them

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I generally use them for practice. I dont have to be concerned with dropping them and such.

Plus when I get used to an old clumpy deck practicing, then perform with a good one it seems so much smoother. Kid of like swinging a practice bat then hitting with the real one.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I usually have one deck that is not in good condition with me all the time, so I can practise in conditions that are risky for decks (just after lunch, outside etc) without having to worry about the deck.

After the deck is really worn out, I probably give it to someone, who uses it for playing.
I don't recommend doing gimmicks from old cards, as they stick out from decent performing-decks. Of course they are great for practising TNR-effects, card splitting, card folding etc...

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
I practice throwing my cards

plus tnr, gaffs, and just general new ideas i have that involves marking or tearing or destroying cards

Oct 6, 2007
Practicing Holy Grail TNR - ripping
Throwing out the window :p
Splitting/practising gaff cards
Dropping on the floor
Practise ACRs (although a signed card doesnt really make a difference)

Just practising overall?

Sep 2, 2007
London
I generally use them for practicing stuff that involves substantially bending the cards, like productions, springing, etc. I also find that if a deck feels like it's too soft and worn out, if you leave it in a cool environment for a couple of weeks then it regains some of it's "snap". I've never thrown out a deck of cards, or even a single card.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
What do you do with old worn out decks. I personally use them to make gaff and gimmicks I have hundreds of homemade gaff cards and gimmicks. I also use them for TnR effects. What do you use them for?

JDEN

Hundreds? That must be an exageration... a big one. I use them for gimmicks, duplicates, replace lost cards, etc.

When I am done with a deck I put it into "Retirement". I put a large black X on the box. I use this junky deck for many different things.

practice: I don't have to worry about destroying them.

TnR: or card warp, or and tearing a card trick.

Make gaffs: I use them to make gaffs like the one for see-saw.

Stoking fires: They burn quick and make burning season easy!!!

that's what I use em for.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results