X Finger :: Geoff Weber

Nov 10, 2007
www.PaperCraneMagic.com
Geoff Weber
"Imagine being able to show your hand completely empty, then borrow a pen and write the word coin on your finger. With the shake of your hand the word coin transforms into a real coin. Or you approach a group of spectators show your hand to have nothing on it and suddenly your name appears on your finger. These are only some of the unlimited possibilities that you can do with the X Finger principle."
X Finger

Method:
The method is very clever, and allows you to do some of the coolest things possible.

Gimmick:
No "gimmick" is required, if you have a pen you are set to go.

Set-Up:
This does not take very long, a minimum of 5 seconds and maximum of around a minute, depending on the version of which you are performing.

Teaching:
WOW. Is all I have to say, everything is gone over with excellency. The teaching did not miss anything, and because of this you will be performing with ease and will not have to rewind.

Quality:
The quality of the video is excellent just like all of the other PaperCrane videos.

Variations:
There are many variations that they go over in the video, I am not going to go over all of them but I will go over my favorite Card Divination.

Card Divination:
This effect on the video is my favorite for several reasons:
-I am a card guy
-It is extremely hard hitting
-Presentation is clever

The basic idea of Card Divination:
-A spectator selects a card
-You show your hand empty
-Reach and touch their forehead, and BANG
-Your hand has now got their card written across it
This is just 1 of the several great ideas they have put on the video.
All ideas that are shown on the video are also taught.

Overall:
- Great Buy
- Many ideas and effects
Rate - 9/10

Where to Buy:

www.PaperCraneMagic.com
Direct Link:

http://papercranemagic.com/xfinger.htm
How Much:

$19.95
Available as Both Download and DVD
Bundle DVD and Download for $26.95​

Any questions Please do not Hesistate to ask:
- Donald

agree. except i wasnt thrilled about the method. but lay people cant understand how it works, especially if you do the right tricks.
my friend did the one with the line and the circle, where they come together when the spectator rubs his hand, she freaked, couldnt figure it out.
she is one of those people who tries to figure out each trick (and usually does) but not the easiest trick lol.
this does take practice. and you really have to work on the presentation. but over all, its pretty good

Jun 1, 2009
nice, good review. I was debating weather it was worth it or not, I'm definatley going to pick this up.

Nov 10, 2007
Chris Wiehl - Everything you said is true. This is not seomthing you can pick up and do right away it relies on presentation and of course technique must be done properly.

Fezzik the Magician - Thank you for the comment and I am glad I could help make your decision

GabeMagggic - This effect is definately worth it and like Card Clip said figuring it out does not define a good trick. It is the idea and method behind it.

CardClip928 - Thank you for addressing this response correctly

Apr 24, 2008
This is absolute crap!! I cannot believe they are selling this!! $20 down the drain.

I picked the download up as I thought I needed a new trick to practice. This is absolutely ridicolous. The audience will see right through this garbage. I practiced this and performed it, and it is just stupid. If the audience is nice, they won't yell the method out, but they will sure know what happened.

Just look at the position of the hand at the start. PLEASSEE. The quality is as worse as you can get. What's next? The torn and restored thumb?

I could not even watch the whole video, I stopped it 10 minutes before it finished, because it was just too dull, boring and stupid.

I will NEVER, EVER use this.

Apr 1, 2009
California
Why did you buy a trick that looked terrible in the trailer? Seems like a personal problem to me. Although from what I see, it looks like you were impressed/fooled by the trailer, wanted to get it, got it, performed suckily (new word of the day), method spotted, and now you are blaming a brilliant idea for your own fumble, much like a kid would kick his bike because he ran into a tree.

personally, I love this trick and it's flexibility. I'm fairly new to magic myself and still have ways to go in the presentation arena. but I have not yet once been spotted with this effect. There could be a whole forum devoted to different ideas with this trick. anyone who cares to brainstorm on it, let me know.

Apr 24, 2008
I was not fooled by the trailer. I just thought there would be more to it, but there wasn't. And when I performed it, they did not figure it out. However most would.

Aug 18, 2008
I was not fooled by the trailer. I just thought there would be more to it, but there wasn't. And when I performed it, they did not figure it out. However most would.

If you perform it correctly it can be a great trick, if you perform it like s***, they will figure it out. I have used this on the street many times, and it floors spectators. So if your spectators can see through the method, that's your own fault.

Nov 10, 2007
This effect is top-notch, and gets' great reactions. The method to some people may be a little obvious, but that is not what makes this trick great, it is all the applications you can use it for, and they go over tons on the video.

May 4, 2008
This will take some work to make it look good. You also have to put some thought into making it into a real performance. If you make a bad painting, it ain't the paintbrush's fault. If you classic palm a coin, you will only be caught if your poor technique reveals what you are doing.

The ideas given on the dvd are just a starting point. Speaking of ideas, would there be any interest in seeing more ideas from my x-finger notebook? I've accumulated quite a lot material since the dvd was filmed, including a lot of cool ideas that we didn't have time to film. I don't know if I'd go so far as to film a sequel, but maybe something like an ebook.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
This will take some work to make it look good. You also have to put some thought into making it into a real performance. If you make a bad painting, it ain't the paintbrush's fault. If you classic palm a coin, you will only be caught if your poor technique reveals what you are doing.

The ideas given on the dvd are just a starting point. Speaking of ideas, would there be any interest in seeing more ideas from my x-finger notebook? I've accumulated quite a lot material since the dvd was filmed, including a lot of cool ideas that we didn't have time to film. I don't know if I'd go so far as to film a sequel, but maybe something like an ebook.

I completely agree with you.

I love the simplicity of X-Finger, but the real gem of it is the countless possibilities with it.

So many creative ideas possible with this principal.

V.

now i know everyone says this trick sucks, yea it can be a crappy trick if you use it in the wrong context, but i know this one girl, I know its only one, but she likes watching magic, and even enjoys it more when she figures out how it is done. now, in saying that she has figured out about every trick she has been shown, except for this one. it was a simple stick into circle version, and she was talking about it to me for a whole week! she still doesnt know how it is done. so this is a powerful trick if you use it right

Dec 26, 2007
Actually if you look at the Magic Cafe you will see that there are many great reviews of this product. I think a lot of people are missing out on a truly great effect here. There are not many great non card, non coin, non ct effects commercially available. Sure it's a simple trick and on rare occasions someone may discover the method(personally I think it is very rare) but the reactions are so suprising because it is completely unexpected what you do. My advice and the only way I perform it because I am a bit of a wimp is to use it as an appearance. That way you end clean and can go right into another routine. What seems to be most common is that people who give it a chance are shocked at how great the reactions are. I was skeptical too but once I did it for a spectator all my disbelief went away.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results