X-mas Performance

Since this is X-mas, I'll assume that a lot of people will post their x-mas show. Well, Here's mine.

Technically, this is my first group performance. I performed to our house helpers, driver and some co-workers. Well, I prepared my opening act, middle act, and I forgot to get my final act.

I started out with indecent, which failed. for some reason. act 1 failed.

next is burned for act 2. pass. no questions ask. lol

For my next act, I did a kind of "saw". people are just scared that they want me to remove it. so much for shock. Act 3 failed.

the next thing I did is a couple of ambitious. When I mean a couple, I really mean it. It seems my I forgot some of it. Act 4 "technically"pass.

The next thing I did is the biddle trick. Wow, this is successful. Though my audience forgot their card, at least it is in the 1st part. Act 5 pass.

The next thing I did is the trick switch. act 6 pass.

The next thing I used was gaff cards. I only manage to do Angels because parallel failed when my mom arrived. My mom ordered some people to get the presents ready. act 7 1/2 pass. lol

For my final act, I returned to my room for Panic. I know this is a bad move but I was so nervous I can't remember my tricks. I did Panic 2x for 2 different groups. I did not get the reaction I expected. but it worked, they have the faces. Final Act - pass

Reflection: I couldn't say that my 1st performace is either good or bad. It is a good experience for me. I was sweating in the whole performance that made my hands sweaty which also made my cards sweaty.

anyway. I feel good in the end.

Anyone can give me tips for future performances? thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you know the material. Once you start putting together an act only practice those tricks and just forget about True Astonishments and all that until you have performed your show. Only practice what is in the routine.

Also, you said that Panic, I belive, did not get the reactions you were expecting. This is most likely because the audiance suspected a gimmick. If you went into your room then they must have known that you were doing something fishy. I would say this might help you.

1: Create a Routine and write it all down.
2: Practice Those Tricks Only.
3: Create a List of Everything you'll Need and Gather all of Those Items.
4: Organize yourself in order to make sure that you will be able to perform all the tricks in order.
5: KEEP PERFORMING

It seems that the reason you are sweating would be because you are not used to performing on a day to day basis. With tme this nervousness will pass. All you need to do to cure it is to keep performing whenever you get the oportunity.

Oct 5, 2008
Seems like your performance was perfectly normal in everyway. Nerves will do that to you, makes you sweat, makes you shake, even forget your tricks. You just have to remember to perform everywhere you go, thats a must. Even if you dont want to just make yourself perform and those nerves will go away. Perform at school as much you can perform at social events, partys, clubs, streets everywhere you go perform as much you can and you will suceed in building confedence, those nerves will go away and you will want to perform more and more. Your performance sounded fantastic, Im glad to hear you're bringing the world of magic to life.
Best
-dR

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
Little exposure when talking about indecent, please edit. But it seems like things went alright, just keep performing for people it will get easier.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Dude..your show seemed about what a first time or even second or third might bring. Nerves will definitely get the best of you as they did me. I used to get the sweaty perspiring palms which caused terrible sleights. My mouth would become dry and I was afraid of failure. Now I have performed about 20 gigs and they nerves are gone and the anxiety or excitement to perform is out of control. I love the feeling. The sweaty hands go away and you wont shake either. Keep it up....you will be great.

Aug 2, 2008
the LBC
speeking of sweaty hands. i get those alot and its not because im nervous. i just hav sweaty hands even wen i practice i hav to wipe them off.

May 8, 2008
England
First and foremost, Well Done. :)
It's natural to be nervous, don't worry, I haven't been doing this long, I get crazy nervous.
Try to get together a short flowing routine. And don't be to ambitious, you don't have to perform for loads of people straight away, one or two will suffice. Practise and experience will help.
If you like post your idea for a routine...
-S

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results