Yigal Mesika?

Hey Guys!

I've just bought Guerilla Guide to Loops and some loops to go with it, and I've found out that Yigal Mesika and Finn Jon are...well genius's.

Apart from Loops, Is there anything else that is as simple and easy to use as the Loops or not. Like, is the exploding Lightbulb as good as it sounds and is it worth paying £140 for electric touch?

Also, to those people who have Yigal elastics, does it come with any tips like the Loops or do you have to make it up yourself?

Last but not least, are the DVDs by Finn Jon and Yigal any good or not? same with 'Animated Miracles'.

Thanks guys and hope to hear from you soon.

Simon_Magic

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
- I find the Loops DVD not GGTL are a bit more interesting to watch. They may not have as much tricks and what not, but I enjoy watching the two work their magic. I would recommend it.
-The exploding lightbulb... You could say its pretty good. A lot of laymen suspect you just grip the bulb really hard, which isnt actually possible. But they dont know till they tried which kinda defeats the amazement. Its quite easy to use but im scared of it nonetheless. It can break a lightbulb... so... yea... not breaking my fingers. I use Anton Corradin's Mental Hammer. same effect but you can also use cups and bottles. This one is also a lot safer in terms of breaking ure bones and shards of glass.
-The ET depends on your style. A lot of people are displeased with it. I use it quite a bit. Not amazingly much, but still a bit. It makes everything you do seem a lot more real. "I can read your mind..." "yea right..." "touch my finger..." *ZAP* "OMFG HE DE DEVIL MAN!" it does require some tinkering to fit your body and what not, but what good gimmick doesnt?
-I dont use Yigal Elastics so no idea bout that question. I use silk worm clear elastics. works like a charm.

Jan 13, 2008
I just wanted to mention that the Finn Jon and Yigal DVDs are great. I have both those, and the GGTL, and while I can't really say I prefer either over the other (both sets contain invaluable information), I would like to mention that the Finn Jon/Yigal DVDs really changed my outlook on Loops. Like, what you can do with them creatively. They don't have all that many effects on them, but the effects that they do have, and the other information provided, really opened up the creative channels for what I can do with Loops myself. In a similar way, Hair on DG's GGTL disc opened up my mind in the same way--he really goes outside of the suspected route with Loops and opens up all sorts of new ideas.

Overall, you can't go wrong with the Finn Jon and Yigal set. I would suggest them. :)

About the Loops...I've only ever purchased the Yigal dispenser, and it only comes with one suggestion (which I have not used, as it requires you to use a LOT of the thread to pull it off). If you have the GGTL, and if you get the Finn Jon/Yigal DVDs, then you should have more than enough information to get you started. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results