You can't pick-up chicks with magic?

Katie don't read the game and then claim to know everything about picking up chicks. First of all you made up a totally improper neg and said that's what he's teaching in there. AN INSULT ISN'T A NEG. Secondly, asking a girl for advice on picking up chicks is like asking a guy (a straight guy) how to give a good blow.... nevermind, you get the point.

And the game isn't about how to pick up chicks with magic. As a matter of fact its not about "HOW TO" pick up chicks at all. Its an auto-biography about a span of time in a writers life. They mention magic as one small tool that you can use in a much larger process. If you want to know the "how to" then your gonna want mystery's book or one of many other products these guys have on the market. The pick up industry is getting almost as bad as the magic industry with how much material is being released with such rapidity.

Its a great book and i suggest everyone read it. Of course girls are going to think its the devil but the stuff is legit. And even if you're not interested in picking up girls or you don't think you need help with it, its still an extremely interesting and funny book.

and (on what i think is a different subject) for anyone who thinks magic is too nerdy a hobby to get a girls interest (romantic interest) just watch the the king or cool and confidence use magic to great avail on a couple of unwitting milk maids. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTKR8mYY5Wc

haha that video was awesome... the last part was the BEST!!!!!

Aug 18, 2008
Magic on a first date is usually a big no no. A few days ago I went on a date with a very beautiful girl. I hadnt mentioned anything about magic and wasnt planning on it. Turns out her sister had told her I was a magician ( I went to school with her ). Anyways, during dinner she asked me to see a trick, and well you have to give a girl what she wants. I decided to perform french kiss, but having the cards folded and placed in our hands. Then i told her to hold my hand (using out free hands obviously) and try to feel the energy or something like that I cant really remember exactly what I said. Anyways, after the trick she didnt let go of my hand for the rest of the night. Sometimes it just works.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I never claimed that I knew everything about picking up chicks... I just thought that me being a chick gave me a pretty good advantage on knowing how women think, obviously i was wrong... but I did read the book.

I noted that I can see the book helping a shy guy overcome confidence issues, (as it did to Mr. Strauss and the countless men who took this particular class) but again... I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. When did I say I was an expert again? Oh well.. obviously that is what Connor clearly got from my original post.

I also made a point to be careful because usually people don't want to just be "that magician" You don't want your MAGIC to become your personality. I have seen this before, as a few of my friends have fallen victim to being "that magician" without a name and they only have their magic tricks to back them up... But that was also over looked in my post as well.

My apologies to men everywhere.. I'm sorry I don't care how you pick up chicks... I just know that in "real world" circumstances it is possible to gain a relationship without trying to be someone you are not.

Again... I just am going off of what I have witnessed first hand in real life. I'm not claiming to be an expert. Let me recap my original points for you:

* I can see how this can help over come confidence issues
* Make sure your magic doesn't become your personality

Neither of those two things were negative. Just something to think about.

Love,
Katie

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
girls ask me to show them magic all the time, it might be because im a sexy beast, but thats beside the point.

But on a serious note.
I don't think you should go in thinking im going to find a girl using magic, but if you do come across a girl you think you like, magic is a good way to "woo" her.
Its good to have a friend, who is a girl, who likes your magic. Girls have lots of friends, so when she sees you she will want you to show her friends a trick.

At least thats what happens to me.

toodles

I make it a point not to "pick-up chicks" (such a terrible way of saying meeting girls) using magic. I do magic to entertain without using it for personal gain. In the end that's why I'm doing magic. To show something extraordinary to my spectators.

Though when there is a girl that I do like, I don't hesitate to tell her that I am a magician. I mean, it's my hobby and it's something I like to do. Aren't we supposed to share our interests with the ones we love? So I really don't mind having a girl know that I do magic. It's just a part of me as anything else.

So far the girls that I have shown it to really really thought it was something special. Though I am no longer with any of those girls... Hmmm :p

Mitch

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Girls don't have crushes on magic. They have crushes on guys. If they don't like you as a person, they won't like you for your magic. And your person makes the magic happen.

I'm not a particularly attractive guy but I've never had any issues with getting a girl, and I've never had to use any special method to make them like me either.

Sep 9, 2007
actually it's pretty well published that his name is Erik Von Markovic and he used to be a Toronto guy like myself.

The book was good and I suggest you pick up Emergency if you like his style of writing.

a few little things I'll comment on...

RE "Pickup/the community"
The guys who get into this in general are really weird. The methods make total sense if you don't be robotic about it. It's simple social psychology. I was in the community for a while (it was actually what brought me back to magic - more about that later though), and all I can say is I was lucky enough to be born with a strong sense of self, so I didn't get caught up in the culty-ness and politics. I learned a lot, but that's because I practically dissected everything I learned to the most basic elements. It's helped me in my magic performance tremendously.

RE "Using Magic in Pickup"
Like any other application of magic, it all about presentation. You can't be the needy guy trying to impress people. That will be the first hurdle for most people. The second women (or anyone really) sees that you're desperately seeking validation, you've ironically just lost any chance at getting some.

The second hurdle is finding "acceptable" magic for pickup. This is sort of twofold - it's gotta be relatively organic, and it's gotta be relatively original. Bonus points if you can integrate things like Kino, or DHV spikes in your routine, but those aren't totally necessary. Mentalism works really well - it's impromptu, intimate, you can prartically invent it on the go, and you can easily integrate Kino.

The third hurdle is length. In the beginning you're basically buying time a few seconds at a time. Keep it short and impressive, or give them some reason to hang on. So yeah...your craziest XCM into an ACR routine is much less appropriate than French Kiss. Not that it can't work, but why do things the hard way?

The fourth hurdle is knowking when to stop. Like this post. I'm going to stop after this paragraph because no one wants to hear me speak about the various schools of pickup theory ad nauseam. Just know that you should leave them wanting more...

A few years ago, I met a girl at a social function at which I was hired to perform. When I eventually hit up her table, I found the opportunity to tell her how much I found her really attractive. I usually distance myself from the clientele during paid, professional gigs, but this time I couldn't help myself. Ha. I probably (inadvertently) paid her special attention throughout that set, but I made sure everyone else had fun as well. The magic I performed that night definitely allowed me to play off her cues and flirt with her while being social and playful with her friends as well. In this case, magic was an ideal, natural icebreaker. I don't think there's anything wrong with taking advantage of a talent to meet new people. After all, a major part of magic is about developing connections with the people you encounter.

As luck would have it, that girl ended up being my wife.

RS.

Sep 9, 2007
FEEL THE NIMBUS!

This is what it takes. RSD forever.

Just one side if the culty-ness and politics I was talking about. The other is no better.

Only when you transcend all that b******* will you have ever really learned. You can't be the Alpha if you worship anyone but yourself.

Dec 30, 2008
You could think with your brain instead of your penis and not pick up girls but look for a relationship. Also don't wear things that make you look like your going to a rave. You look like a rooster on crack.

Joke >>> Besides... the only magicians that are allowed to wear make-up are Brad Christian and Criss Angel because they are TOTALLY RAD!!!!!!!

Apr 7, 2009
Seriously, taking advice on how to pick up girls on a magic forum is the same as taking advice from a blind man on navigating a maze.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
Anybody who understands how women work, will understand why magic can be a great asset to any mans "game".

Now you cant go out, perform a few tricks, and expect to get by on just that. You need to already be comfortable in all situations, be comfrotable with meeting new people, and once you already have all these skills when it comes to attracting women, magic makes you seem so much better.

The reason why magic works is the same reason why pretending to read their palms works, its different, and its mysterious.

Think of it, imagine how many times an attractive girl is in a bar, and gets the lines "hey your cute, can i buy you a drink?". Its bland, boring, and worst of all, its PREDICTABLE.

But if you go up to a girl and do something different, such as an easy mind reading thing, your instantly separated from every other guy she has been approached by, and your odds are instantly better. Of coarse magic isnt everything, as i said, you need to be confident, funny, know what to say, how to say it, when to leave.

Build attraction, then get out.

I have been studying the "art of pickup" for about 4 years now, because like a lot of you, i was the "shy, nice guy" in highschool...who got nothing. I set out one day to turn my life around, and ever since i have started magic, i notice it only enhances my pickup skills.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask.I can write a book on this issue.

Sep 10, 2008
The 3 steps to getting girls with magic.

Step 1 - Quit Magic

Step 2 - Play Football

Step 3 - Touchdown!!!

Anybody who understands how women work, will understand why magic can be a great asset to any mans "game".

Now you cant go out, perform a few tricks, and expect to get by on just that. You need to already be comfortable in all situations, be comfrotable with meeting new people, and once you already have all these skills when it comes to attracting women, magic makes you seem so much better.

The reason why magic works is the same reason why pretending to read their palms works, its different, and its mysterious.

Think of it, imagine how many times an attractive girl is in a bar, and gets the lines "hey your cute, can i buy you a drink?". Its bland, boring, and worst of all, its PREDICTABLE.

But if you go up to a girl and do something different, such as an easy mind reading thing, your instantly separated from every other guy she has been approached by, and your odds are instantly better. Of coarse magic isnt everything, as i said, you need to be confident, funny, know what to say, how to say it, when to leave.

Build attraction, then get out.

I have been studying the "art of pickup" for about 4 years now, because like a lot of you, i was the "shy, nice guy" in highschool...who got nothing. I set out one day to turn my life around, and ever since i have started magic, i notice it only enhances my pickup skills.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask.I can write a book on this issue.
I used to be an AFC (Average Frustrated Chump) and I knew that I had to change. I was thinking to myself "what if I can be a magician with a lot of ladies that I could be around with", then I magician personality. I pick this because, it's an interesting hobby or a carreer. And yeah, like what he said is true and it's all in the book.

Hey you could be my wingman, I want to after Tyler Momsen someday while you keep her bodyguards busy. lol

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
For those who say "well im not an extremely attractive guy" lets be honest.
Do looks matter? Well yes and no.

I like to call it the scale of rejection, the better looking you are, the weaker your "game" can be, and still be able to pickup.
The more unattractive you are, then 1 minor mistake could ruin your chances with her.
But dont put yourself down, and dont even try just on the fact you might not be physically attractive. Firstly, you can do yourself a favor, and workout, dress better etc, to whatever can enhance your looks, to not only portray yourself better, but to also give you a confidence boost.

But more imporantly, you have to get out there, and experiment, approach every girl you see. Everybody gets shut down, hell when i first started i would only approach very attractive girls, 8-10. My first 3 months orso i got shut down probably 75% of the time. It takes time to get good.

The thing that opened my eyes was i was in a store by myself one day, looking for some t-shirts, and i saw this drop dead girl shopping also. There was also some guy with her, he wasnt that tall, hd acne, was overweight, didnt dress well, wasnt overall attractive.
But i noticed they were together, and she was all over him, i managed to get within a few aisles of them, and noticed what he was doing. He wasnt doing the "nice guy" behaviour, but he was being cocky/funny, something i had read about. I read that cocky/funny is what attracts women the most, and hadent believed it until that moment, because as i stated i was always the "nice guy".

So you have to be ballsy, do your research, and just dont care about what happens, if you get rejected or not, its part of the experience.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results