Your first magic book?

MY first 'real' magic book was John Bannon's Dear MR. Fantasy. Although now unfortunately out of print, still to this day I use some of the routines inside, they are killer effects - for both laymen and magicians alike. I bought it in 2005; it was my first taste of real magic books. From there on, my heart has always been set to purchase a book first, before a DVD. :)

Jordan

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
When I was five, I got copies of Spooky Tricks and Magic Secrets for my birthday.

Now that I see they're still available, I'm getting all nostalgic and thinking about buying new copies of them. I can't remember much of anything about them, except how the ink they used to print these books smelled like vomit. Spooky Tricks includes the "block a major artery" version of Control.

Sep 2, 2007
My first magic book was "Mindfreak: Secret Revelations" by Criss Angel-- just kidding. Actually, it was "The Royal Road to Card Magic" by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue.

Cheers,
JTM

Jan 7, 2008
My first Magic book was Derren brown's pure effect. I was a derren brown nutter back when i started out so i got as much of his material as possible.

I didn't start magic pre-internet... But my first books were Mark Wilson's Complete Course, Royal Road, and J.B.Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. Books are better than DVDs for two big reasons. There's more information packed into a book than there is in a DVD. Also, learning from a DVD tempts you to use the demonstrators performance instead of coming up with your own. I certainly appreciate being able to what a demonstration on DVD for clarity sake, some times I don't exactly understand instructions typed on a page. Maybe that's the A.D.D. kickin in.

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
Mark Wildon's Complete Course in Magic here too. I loved that book. REad the hell out of it. That was over 10 years ago o_O Still know how to do some of the first tricks i ever learned.

Jan 6, 2008
My first book I only got month ago its bobos book of modern coin magic and I like it I think books are a great and cheap way to learn and like in bobos with some pictures you can learn fine books are also great because you get A LOT of stuff in it for a really low price

bobos book rocks =)

Prognostikon

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results