Your first magic book?

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
Ok, I understand a lot of T11 and E users are spoiled by the likes of video teachings and tutorials and sometimes you guys find it hard to learn from a book having gotten use to videos.

For those of us that started long before Ellusionist and T11 (and other sites).. hell even Pre-internet, what was your first magic book and was there a reason you got it?

For my 11th birthday, I received "Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic." That book was MASSIVE. I still read it from time to time.. us old geezers forget things :)

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Some book in Finnish. I'm not sure which. Then, I discovered DVDs and used them for a long time, and now I'm moving to English books.

Sep 1, 2007
When I was about 7, "The Amazing Book of Magic" by Jon Tremaine - there's some very good material in there which I still play with to this day

Sep 2, 2007
London
My older brother was into magic when he was a kid, so I got handed down "The Complete Guide to Card Conjuring" by Ian Adair, and Royal Road, which I started reading when I was about 9. I only ever really practiced one thing fron the Ian Adair book, which was the backpalm, but when it got onto the pivot move I found the instructions really difficult to follow so I abandoned it. Royal Road has served me well though.

The Practical Encyclopedia of Magic, Then Erdnase, but I got Encyclopedia of magic for Christmas after telling my mom I was interested in magic and began showing her some basic tricks.
Wouldn't recommend it but it got me started,
Michael

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
That magic coloring book....
You know the one where you flip the pages on the top, bottom, and middle, to reveal colored, B&W, and blank pages?
That brings me way back...

Jan 11, 2008
New york
The Magicians Encyclopedia Of Magic it was a library book i "borrowed" when i was 15,that was 21 years ago, I don't like to lend "my" books out so if you'll like to read it i live in Brooklyn.

Oct 11, 2007
Alabama
Mark Wilson's Complete Course In Magic was the first book i read and still have it to this day. Its a book that teaches well for people just starting out.

The very first source I learned magic from was a book called "Magic with Everyday Objects by George Schnidler". It was written in 1976. I got it at the age of 5 and still have it. That book is ancient. I still skim through it every now and then.

Anthony Bass

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
The very first source I learned magic from was a book called "Magic with Everyday Objects by George Schnidler". It was written in 1976. I got it at the age of 5 and still have it. That book is ancient. I still skim through it every now and then.

Anthony Bass

I just read that book. Pretty good beginner book.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results