Your thoughts on Brad Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Now I know I lot of you think that Brad is a total F**k Head, but why?

His knowledge for performing on the street is un-rivaled, he is very talented and an excellent teacher.

He probably started you off in magic. So why do you hate him?

Peace

JDEN

Nov 10, 2007
I myself have never said I did not like him and I also do not think he is a creeper. I do believe he is a very talented and knowlegable magician. I dont know why people dont like him.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Hm...
Jean Huggard was the one who started me off actually
but Brad actually did help a bit.
He does teach pretty well and is a pretty good performer as well.
I think he gets the ripping mainly cause the reputation of Ellusionist and the way he looks.
First off, he doesnt look like the coolest guy ever. He over does the make-up and smiles kinda stalkerish. No offense by the way but yea. When I heard he had a wife i was like "0.0 WHAT!"
haha
Ellusionist doesnt have the greatest reputation either. Although their products arent crap, they seem to over sell everything. They over advertise every single product. For example the tiger deck, they make so many videos and pages just for that 1 deck. It kind of seems like they are trying to over sell everything although that is what a good company does. Other than that, E doesnt really expand their products. They have 1 new one every 1/3 of a year, making their customers bored at times. Companies like T11 or Penguin have new products every week or so, making people updated at all times. A lot of people get bored of checking E as there is hardly anything new.

Nov 17, 2007
Ok. Time to rant. Before I do, let me just say I don't mean to offend anyone and just want to express my opinions about the subject. If I come accross a bit harsh, I am sorry in advance. With that said, let's begin.

I personally HATE Brad. Here are my reasons. First of all, his sleights are terrible. He doesn't know any of the better moves and over uses the classic change. This annoys me, but isn't the main reason why I hate him. I hate him for talking WAY to much when he is teaching. And, he fills his DVDs with filler crap what isn't useful. I see him as a 10 year old card punk with little knowledge about the art and just wants to earn some bucks. He doesn't have the skills to bring you what you want in the DVDs so he fills it with 20 min. explainations on the simplist moves and endless talking that won't help you whatsoever.

I can go on but I think I'll stop here. If you disagree, fine. But, bottom line, I don't like him...at all.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Im just posting a comment in here before this thread gets locked closed or deleted.
E seems to be a very touchy subject here.

-Michael

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I think he's a poser. I truely believe that this guy is terrible. He hypes up basic card effects and makes it seem like he is doing the crazest thing EVER!! Which a begginer 5 year old kid can do just as good.

He makes it seem like what he does, no one can do.... and that annoys me.
He gives off this vibe, like "I'm the best out there......and to prove it, I'll do like a 2 card monte"...... HEY that's a great trick, BUT geez lay off a little...

I don't feel that emotional connection with magic when I see him perform. I feel like I'm watching a 10 year old punk that is trying to get attention.

He uses simple classic sleights, which in most cases are the best to use. Not every thing you do has to be new and super hard. He has the up-most skills he performs his sleights as smooth as butter. last time I checked 10 year old punk kids dont make a living of performing magic. The endless talking you speak of, help alot of people. But I know anything I say will not make you like him.

JDEN

Feb 15, 2008
E DOES occasionally put out some good products, and I DO respect their artists. Very talented, they are, but E itself is just too bad.

Brad Christian is selfish IMO. Just look at the CelebraCadabra advertising campaign. This probably bought hundreds of laymen into magic, and how many actually bought the E DVDs? Only a few. The rest probably learned from magic exposure! What a pity...

Just my two cents though. I'm sure many will disagree...

Oct 13, 2008
I have nothing against Brad Christian. Honestly, one of the main reasons I'm apprehensive about buying certain things is because of the teaching, and with Brad's teaching I've NEVER had that problem. He explains everything so thoroughly and so well, it makes learning the things SO much easier. One person here said that he did too much talking--that's better than Madison's Motion DVD, where the flourishes were run through one (und precisely von) time, and there were like 20 of them.

Anyone who is or has given him crap seems to just be spiteful of E, which I also am not, nor do I see a reason to be.

Sun|Sky

Feb 15, 2008
Hm...
Jean Huggard was the one who started me off actually
but Brad actually did help a bit.
He does teach pretty well and is a pretty good performer as well.
I think he gets the ripping mainly cause the reputation of Ellusionist and the way he looks.
First off, he doesnt look like the coolest guy ever. He over does the make-up and smiles kinda stalkerish. No offense by the way but yea. When I heard he had a wife i was like "0.0 WHAT!"
haha
Ellusionist doesnt have the greatest reputation either. Although their products arent crap, they seem to over sell everything. They over advertise every single product. For example the tiger deck, they make so many videos and pages just for that 1 deck. It kind of seems like they are trying to over sell everything although that is what a good company does. Other than that, E doesnt really expand their products. They have 1 new one every 1/3 of a year, making their customers bored at times. Companies like T11 or Penguin have new products every week or so, making people updated at all times. A lot of people get bored of checking E as there is hardly anything new.

Wait... HE HAS A WIFE?!!!!

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
E DOES occasionally put out some good products, and I DO respect their artists. Very talented, they are, but E itself is just too bad.

Brad Christian is selfish IMO. Just look at the CelebraCadabra advertising campaign. This probably bought hundreds of laymen into magic, and how many actually bought the E DVDs? Only a few. The rest probably learned from magic exposure! What a pity...

Just my two cents though. I'm sure many will disagree...

I agree!!!!!!

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
Have any of you guys actually met Brad? Have you talked to Brad? You're entitled to your opinions, but don't bash him based off of a couple of dvd's you purchased. He seems like a pretty nice guy who was ambitious enough to create one of the largest magic producing companies in the U.S. I'm sure he's garnered money off of all of you at some point. He's done extremely well and it seems like people are upset with him just because he wears make-up. Guess what, I'm pretty sure Wayne Houchin wears eye-liner(a form of make-up) and he's the best thing since the classic pass to most of you. I like Brad, I like Wayne. I just wish we could stop bashing people we have no right bashing. Brad could probably kick everyone on this thread's a## at sleight of hand magic including myself. The difference is I can say that honestly without fear of becoming less of a magician. Learn the classics before you learn more modern magic. It will save you so much time in the long-run. He's a good teacher. Don't hate him just because he's twice your age or wears make-up. Ridiculous and Nieve

Zack

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
Have any of you guys actually met Brad? Have you talked to Brad? You're entitled to your opinions, but don't bash him based off of a couple of dvd's you purchased. He seems like a pretty nice guy who was ambitious enough to create one of the largest magic producing companies in the U.S. I'm sure he's garnered money off of all of you at some point. He's done extremely well and it seems like people are upset with him just because he wears make-up. Guess what, I'm pretty sure Wayne Houchin wears eye-liner(a form of make-up) and he's the best thing since the classic pass to most of you. I like Brad, I like Wayne. I just wish we could stop bashing people we have no right bashing. Brad could probably kick everyone on this thread's a## at sleight of hand magic including myself. The difference is I can say that honestly without fear of becoming less of a magician. Learn the classics before you learn more modern magic. It will save you so much time in the long-run. He's a good teacher. Don't hate him just because he's twice your age or wears make-up. Ridiculous and Nieve

Zack

I like you. Nice post

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Don't hate him just because he's twice your age or wears make-up. Ridiculous and Nieve

Zack

Well, I like older people because yeah, I dunno why. I also like guys who wear make-up, so personally, those two things don't matter at all.

He just has this.. thing about him which is a bit annoying from time to time. As I said, I learned a load of stuff from him, but now he just seems a bit.. ehh.

Apr 27, 2008
I have nothing against E and don't see why people do. They ARE trying to broaden their scope a little bit and release effects other companies have also instead of just releasing their own. Brad is a pretty good teacher when it comes to most sleights and he has a money back on all of his DVDs and a few other on their website.

I don't judge anybody on their personal preferences of music, food, or make up in this case. If he seems like a decent guy but has a creepiness factor then get to known him instead of judging. I personally did not like the idea of the Celebracadbra show and never will since it just looked stupid and I hate reality shows anyway.

Don't hate on the classic sleights that developed into the modern ones people use today. Thats my dollar and two cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results