Youtube Help!

Sep 20, 2008
Hey there,

Basically ive uploaded a backstreet boys parody for my friend's birthday, and its blocked by EMI for the sound content, im wondering- is there a way to bypass this? im sure there is, as there are numerous videos around with the same background music as mine, and they're not blocked. is there some sort of settings that i need to change?

on a note- ive uploaded some videos before with audio content and havent encountered any problems like this... Ive tried uploading it directly to facebook however the file is too big (its 2 gig) as its filmed in HD.

any help would be appreciated!

Sin07

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
You will mostly need to get a free converter and convert the HD footage down to 720p or 360p more than likely. I'm assuming but I could be wrong that your HD footage is 1080p?

Nope. You can file a claim but in reality it will do nothing. The reason it has been used in other videos is odds are there is enough extra audio going on that it tricks the system into thinking its different. You prob had enough silence in your video at one point that it could hear the song and blocked it

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'd definitely go with Vimeo as well to keep your quality. My only suggestion was regarding your file size being way to large. By converting it down to 720 or smaller it uploads much faster.

I think Zenn probably knows what he is talking about regarding the music problem and getting blocked.

Nov 23, 2011
I have been under the impression that people take the soundtrack and edit them to be a just a tad bit slower or faster which can not be noticed by the human ear and it also bypasses the copyright problem. I don't remember where i heard it but its worth a shot.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results