Youtube: Saying where you bought it

Aug 31, 2007
I just forgot to say stuff about gimmicks. revealiong for the sake of revealing is horrid. But for me, an Ex-exposist, I know for a fact that exposoing stuff thats slieght of hand is NOT as wrong as exposing a complicated gimmick.

Absolutely wrong. Revealing a double lift is probably one of the worst things possible. Just because once the spectator knows what a double is, they always think it is that, even if you are not using a double. They always suspect which ruins the experience. "Oh, that's just two cards there."

Sep 2, 2007
Well. Simple slight of hand can prevent that. It's up to the MAGICIAN to deal woith hecklers.

No it can't. The magician can do nothing if his magic doesn't have any effect on a spectator because that spectator once saw a double lift exposed and now, no matter what you do, you'll always just be "picking up two cards like one". It doesn't matter if you were using a gravity half-pass, a diagonal palm shift and 3 faro shuffles. Once you expose something - anything - the magic is gone. Then it's all quick hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
How does sleight of hand help when the audience already has an explanation for your effect, whether it is right or wrong? Even if you try to disprove it, they already "know" how it's done in their head.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Well, gimmicked stuff is wrong, but otherwise... not AS wrong/

Why would you reveal tricks that you bought. It is so unethical. What if you made a trick, but people just saw the tutorial on youtube, so they don't have to buy it. If you say you wouldn't care, your lying.

I would be pist off.

Revealing is stupid.

Another big problem with YouTube is the people who trade tricks. They buy 1 trick like Stigmata, learn it, then go on YouTube find as many other tricks as they can and say something like "I know Stigmata, i'll tell you how it's done if you tell me how this is done." Something really has to be done about it. :mad:

Sep 2, 2007
1. I have an effect coming out. And it doesn't matter to me too much if it's exposed on youtube. (I'd probably feel differently if I was getting royalties)
2. Heckling percentage goes down as the crowd gets larger.
3. If someone starts heckling just say something along the lines of 'Well. Scince some people here don't want to be entertained. I'll go.' Then it makes the heckler the enemy. it doesn't matter if you're in the middle of the effect or not.

Note: Anyone who wants to continue this conversation. please PM me. I don't want to spam up this board with you guys flaming me. I said EX exposee. meaning: I don't expose anymore.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results