Your Cart

Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Checkout
Account Support

CONTRABAND Playing Cards

Designed in the United Kingdom - with an incredible, illuminating special edition.More Details

Forums

Ask questions, share ideas and participate in our weekly contests. Accelerate your advancement and, in the process, help each other.

Mathieu Bich's Transcode

Discussion in 'Product Questions and Reviews' started by MagicWithoutLimits, May 20, 2012.

1. This trick is amazing, and I think Mathieu has done a great job updating this timeless trick, and the integration of a colour changing deck kicker which is ultimately the best ending to this introduction effect it excellent, and the key reason I got it. However I find the the use of sticky tape puts a bit of a damper on the effect. I have been playing around with it and I found that by using a double backer the ending is cleaned and more fluid. This is done by performing the trick as normal, but with a double backer on top of the deck instead of a sticky back card. At the end you place the card that was changed on the top of the deck, after it has been examined. Then getting a break under the selection and double backer and performing a double lift turn over, you can then spread cleanly through the deck, though you will still need to spread over the gimmick. I believe this is clears up the problem nicely.

2. Mathieu Bich

Mathieu Bich theory11 artist

nice. To be honest, I perform that effect without the double sided tape, I just spread correctly the cards. But to make it easier for the customers, I decided to add the use of double sided tape. Great idea though ;-)
    Mathieu