Derren Brown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
Oh no...I didn't know that. I had so much respect for him after watching his videos. And some of that respect went down the drain after I read this.

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Oh no...I didn't know that. I had so much respect for him after watching his videos. And some of that respect went down the drain after I read this.

Why disrespect someone just because they are Gay, or anything other than that. If he said he was a Muslim, would that make you disrespect him more? Im with Cory on this one, who cares if he is Gay, he is a great performer and has done well for himself.

Felix

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
He came out fairly recently. I was eating my breakfast when I read that story, afterwards I wasn't hungry anymore.

That is absolutely pathetic.

As for the news, I thought it was a well-known fact.

Do you know how wrong what you said is?

Sep 2, 2007

You must actually be kidding me right? Your going to discreminate against him because he's a homosexual? Seriously did your parents drop you on your head?

I don't care if you were kidding me, you're freak'in unbelieveable. That's like me saying, "No, I can't respect Michael Jordan becasue of the color of his skin"

Unbelievable

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Guys, you learn from your parents.
"If your parents smoke, chances are that you'll smoke."
"If your parents are racist, then chances are you will become racist."
It's been said many times before.

People aren't born racist, their taught it from their childhood.
Has anyone here ever read the book "To kill a Mocking bird".
It's one of the lessons taught in the book.

I think that this thread should be closed.
This is not helping us with our magic, just causing argument.

Nov 26, 2007
Massive who cares, his sexual orientation is no ones business but his own why it should have any affect on the way he is perceived is beyond me. I saw his live show the other day and he is the best performers I have ever had the pleasure of watching, his show was absolutely amazing.

Sep 1, 2007

Are you trying to equate homophobia with racism? Really?

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia

I don't see how that changes what was said.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Well I was kinda helping Vice out when he said that he didn't finish eating because of Derren.
Then when you guys all flamed him for it, I added this to say that it's not really his fault that he doesn't like queer people because maybe that's the type of family he grew up with.

Then he said it was a joke, so I guess you can totally ignore my post.

Sorry if I confused you.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Yep. The amount of ignorance is worrying.

People are entitled to be homophobic. As someone said it's more a case of how you were brought up. Personally I am not, but there are people who are. You are a walking contradiction if you believe homosexuals are allowed to do what they want and have their own opinions while people who are homophobic cannot have there own opinions.

Sep 1, 2007
You are a walking contradiction if you believe homosexuals are allowed to do what they want and have their own opinions while people who are homophobic cannot have there own opinions.

True, they are free to be ignorant boobs with an irrational fear of a non-issue. But that doesn't change the fact that homophobia is a thoroughly useless superstition that should have gone the way of believing gremlins infecting your brain causes insanity.

D

Deleted member 2755

I just recently read that book. I'm probably one of the only people in my class that actually enjoyed it and I recommend it.

Guys, there is nothing wrong with what Darren Brown. This topic is meaningless. Please lock this topic as I see it going nowhere except an argument.

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results