Death to the Double Undercut // 1-on-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2007
NC
I don’t understand why everyone keeps whining about these 1 on 1’s. Do you really expect them to be able to fit everyone’s need each week? There are some for beginners and some more advanced. They have to cater to all realms.

It’s really simple. If you don’t like it don’t purchase it. You don’t see beginners whining when the advanced ones come out that they are to hard do you? They just don’t get them yet.

If you’re more advanced, then they are obviously not for you. So save you bucks until there is something or request that T11 have more advanced 1 on 1’s. Be constructive instead of just throwing out ignorant comments about how easy they are.

Everyone has the right to an opinion but I'm not going to bash Joel or anyone for trying to bring at something to the table. If people didn’t need or want to learn them none of them would sell and they would quit making them. Obviously there is a need and just because its not your need you start up the flame thrower.

A lot of beginners are here also and they may never have thought to use any of these in their routine but yet you refer them to youtube? I don’t think that people who don’t know it yet are sweating the 5 bucks to know that they are being taught the move the correct way.

Apr 28, 2008
I don’t understand why everyone keeps whining about these 1 on 1’s. Do you really expect them to be able to fit everyone’s need each week? There are some for beginners and some more advanced. They have to cater to all realms.

It’s really simple. If you don’t like it don’t purchase it. You don’t see beginners whining when the advanced ones come out that they are to hard do you? They just don’t get them yet.

If you’re more advanced, then they are obviously not for you. So save you bucks until there is something or request that T11 have more advanced 1 on 1’s. Be constructive instead of just throwing out ignorant comments about how easy they are.

Everyone has the right to an opinion but I'm not going to bash Joel or anyone for trying to bring at something to the table. If people didn’t need or want to learn them none of them would sell and they would quit making them. Obviously there is a need and just because its not your need you start up the flame thrower.

A lot of beginners are here also and they may never have thought to use any of these in their routine but yet you refer them to youtube? I don’t think that people who don’t know it yet are sweating the 5 bucks to know that they are being taught the move the correct way.

You have completely missed the point of why people are complaining

Nobody has complained that the 1 on 1's don't fit their needs. Obviously we're not expecting a new super hard pass every week.

The Coin 1 on 1's don't fit my needs at all as I don't do coins, but I never complained about them as they are good value for money.

Nobody had a problem with the Card Fundamental's 1 on 1's by Aaron Fisher even thought they are very basic. They have a lot of very good information for a beginner that is good value for money.

They are complaining because there's very little of value in this 1 on 1, certainly not $5 worth of stuff. Maybe if it was $2.50 people might not complain as much although even that would be a rip off.

You say a beginner may never have thought to use these in their routines?
Even though every beginner book and loads of DVD's tells them how to do a cut like this?

Referring them to Youtube or Decknique is a very reasonable thing to do, obviously there's a lot of junk out there (especially on Youtube) but it's quite easy to find some good false cuts/ controls created by some very talented people

Sep 1, 2007
I honestly laughed when I saw this. Reason 1 being, Why even teach this? How about buy a book and learn a whole bunch of other crap with it.

And 5 bucks for THIS? This is worth about 99 cents, if that.

As for the call about Kenner releasing simple stuff, the reason we liked that because it ONE, the performance was entertaining, TWO, you can't just go learn it in a book. ALL of Joels one on one's use NOTHING original. You may arguie with "Oh, well nobody has used them in that order before" Just because you "create" a cut in with the order of moves that hasn't been done before, THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT ORIGINAL.

I realize this section is geared toward beginners. but how about give them some GOOD advice and not rob them blind? You can get The Royal Road to Card magic, or Expert at The Card Table. Master half the stuff in those books, and you become better than most users on this forum. Oh, and here's the kicker ending! They cost about ten bucks. A whole book FILLED with info, or two one on ones. You be the judge.

When can Aaron come in and release a kick-ass one on one?

Sep 1, 2007
Yes they do.

There's NOTHING they can say that can defend this issue. The only thing they can do is make sure it doesn't happen again.

BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!

Not one mention of them on the site. Come pay for our unoriginal downloads!

Apr 25, 2008
Pioneered by some of the most respected, ground-breaking creators in the magic industry, theory11 is your source for the latest and greatest magic tricks, instructional magic DVD's, & playing cards. You won't find these products anywhere else.
Theory11. Never fails to impress.

You people constantly amaze me with the stuff that comes out of your mouths.

"Oh but I can learn it on YouTube for free."

"Oh but Decknique is so much better they'd never charge us for this."

"It doesn't matter if it's for people that don't know about it, they should go buy a book instead."

Well, maybe they should (obviously everyone should) but if that really was a solution then none of y'all would bother even coming to any forums like this, ones that are attached to online magic shops. You just go buy some books and content yourselves that you'd saved a heap of cash.

Whining and whingeing like a bunch of small children who've been told they have to go to bed and can't stay up to watch...well, whatever it is they wanna' watch.

Get a grip people.

I dread to think what's gonna' happen to most of you when your mothers and fathers no longer give you pocket money and you have to go get jobs and find out what the real world is really like.

And on top of all that, the disrespect to other magicians (namely Joel) on here is pretty disgusting. So he's releasing some stuff you all think is easy and stupid and he should give it away for free. But what about stuff he may have on him that isn't like that? What if he decides to not bother releasing any of it in the future as all he ever gets is bollocks on here?

This place has got some great people on it, some really great people, and yet this forum is sometimes the worst of places. Half the reason I keep coking back is cos' it gives me a laugh when I'm down to read the nonsense some of you people spout.

And to Jack..sorry man, I know i promised, but this is just plain ridiculous.

Get it through your heads: no one owes you anything, and they never will.

People usually learn that when they grow up.

Jesus........

Rabid

Apr 25, 2008

"It doesn't matter if it's for people that don't know about it, they should go buy a book instead."

Well, maybe they should (obviously everyone should) but if that really was a solution then none of y'all would bother even coming to any forums like this, ones that are attached to online magic shops. You just go buy some books and content yourselves that you'd saved a heap of cash.

Whining and whingeing like a bunch of small children who've been told they have to go to bed and can't stay up to watch...well, whatever it is they wanna' watch.

Get a grip people.

I dread to think what's gonna' happen to most of you when your mothers and fathers no longer give you pocket money and you have to go get jobs and find out what the real world is really like.

And on top of all that, the disrespect to other magicians (namely Joel) on here is pretty disgusting. So he's releasing some stuff you all think is easy and stupid and he should give it away for free. But what about stuff he may have on him that isn't like that? What if he decides to not bother releasing any of it in the future as all he ever gets is bollocks on here?

This place has got some great people on it, some really great people, and yet this forum is sometimes the worst of places. Half the reason I keep coking back is cos' it gives me a laugh when I'm down to read the nonsense some of you people spout.

And to Jack..sorry man, I know i promised, but this is just plain ridiculous.

Get it through your heads: no one owes you anything, and they never will.

People usually learn that when they grow up.

Jesus........

Rabid
Wouldn't that be great? Yep?

$5 for a swivel cut with a longer name. His cut is real *cough* fluid *cough* smooth.

May 19, 2008
manchester
but but but they want a GOOD 1 on 1, by aaron fisher, chris kenner, dan and dave, wayne houchin etc etc... (sarcasm???)

well, there are already so many "hard" 1 on 1s that all you extremely talented card and coin guys could just go and buy them, and if you actually practice them for a month or two (like you tell all the beginers to do), then you can wait till they make something else you can "amaze people with" comes out.

And everyone seems to be taking it out on joel, complaining (sp.) that he doesnt do any good magic... its weird that

1. he made beleive, the trick everyone seems to call the impromputu (sp.) miracle of sleight of hand

2. hes a T11 artist, unlike all of you, so he must be good...

and yes everyone can go of to youtube and learn a cut that does the same thing, you can also go to youtube and learn all the other cuts, and the magic tricks, everything in fact!
I mean, if T11 hasnt thought of the next mini miracle to give to you skilled people, maybe there going to try to give something to the not so skilled people... instead of saying,

"as tradition a 1 on 1 was realesead (sp.) this week as normal, this week we have something by "jack ov harts" on youtube!, so will you all please kindly go to "youtube" and look at "card stuff, please try to ignore the other videos of "jack ov harts" were he tells you all about the clipshift"!

but you seem to still insist that this is what is better to do... (go on youtube)

and THEN you go onto some other thread and complain about the terrible exposure and youtube is ruining the art...

rabid. your right.

the end

Apr 28, 2008

Have you even read what people are complaining about?

The stupidity of this statement is unbelievable.

Nobody EVER said you can learn everything here from Youtube and Decknique, we said this particular 1 on 1 can be learnt from many other sources.
Nobody said you can learn Distortion, Panic, Digital Dissolve (or any high quality material relased by T11) on Decknique and Youtube.

I stay here because there are many very intelligent people and some very interesting discussions. Also, all the 'big releases' are of a very high quality and I have never been dissapointed yet. Dangerous is one of the best DVD's I own.

Completely irrelevant, this has nothing to do with the quality of the product.
Btw, i'm paying for T11 products with my own money, not my parents. You have no idea how old I am.

Simply being a T11 artist does not mean you automatically get unlimited respect. Respect has to be earned. Believe is VERY good which is why none of my comments have been directed towards Joel personally. They have been towards T11 as a whole.

Again, Irrelevant. Just sounds like a pitiful attempt to try and make yourself sound superior than everyone else while contributing nothing to the disucssion.

If you have any real arguments, i'm very willing to discuss them. I suggest you lose the condescending, arrogant attitude and actually read the posts before making any more idiotic comments.

Sep 20, 2007
I just saw the 1-on-1 and I was like what the F**K? This was my submission for the create your own flourish SNC! :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Squirrel,

I read the posts here every day.
This thread is just another pointless load of garbage with people whining for the sake of it (yes, me too).

I can''t be bothered to re-quote all the bits of your post as you did mine, but for the record:

Yes i did read what people were complaining about, maybe you should go back and re-read the thread for yourself.

The stupidity of my statement is only equaled by the stupidity of all the others.

Do i know how old you are? No. never said i did. But judging by the complaining done by most on here, it's natural to assume that most are still at home.

I never said just being a T-11 artist (whatever the hell that is) gets you automatic unlimited respect, i said the disrespect was pretty disgusting. Which it is. the proof is there for the reading so don't moan at me. And even if the comments weren't directed at Joel directly, it makes no difference. It's his 1 on 1. And fair play, so it's disrespecting the guys that run the place..how does that make it any better?

As for this bit:

Again, Irrelevant. Just sounds like a pitiful attempt to try and make yourself sound superior than everyone else while contributing nothing to the disucssion.

If you have any real arguments, i'm very willing to discuss them. I suggest you lose the condescending, arrogant attitude and actually read the posts before making any more idiotic comments.

Please. Why would I need to add anything to this shambles?
What would be the point of trying to argue with people who think that just because they know how something is done and believe it's not right for them or not worth the money, they are unwilling to contemplate that someone else out there in the great big world may find it useful?

And as for being superior, arrogant, condescending and not reading posts....you may wanna' take a bit of your own advice there big fella.

Rabid

Sep 1, 2007
Yes, T11 is a thriving company, and yes, it does have to make money. I understand that completly. But do they have to trick newbies into believing they are buying something new and awesome, when you can tell them to go get a book or even a dvd that teaches not only the sleight their looking for but also a heap of other sleights.

Dan White said when this site first came out, there is as much deception going on with the marketing of tricks as there is in the effect itself. Doesn't that portain to what is going on here?

May 19, 2008
manchester
yep

why doesnt anyone here actually buy it, and actually make and honest, unbiased, review...

and yes you may be able to see it on youtube, but even then, you dont have joel teach it to you... (no much of an argument I know)

if T11 actually did copy this of one of there members, that is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results