You know you're a card artist when...

- when you get hot, so you do a beautiful fan and actually use it to fan yourself.
- when your pissed at your friend, so you throw a card at him( and it hits him)
- when you spin your credit card on your finger before you give it to the cashier

Actually, I work in retail, so the Credit Card thing happens every time I give a customer their card back. I know the pivot points on Visa, Master Card, and most local debit cards at this point

Sep 4, 2007
Utah
When you find yourself in line at the bank practicing puting your credit card into Tenkai and checking your angles on the security monitors.

And if you haven't done it before, $5 says you will now!

Sep 1, 2007
I did the credit card spinning thing myself today.

-When the phrase "Mary Jane" makes you think of a cut and not some other alternative activity.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
-When your girlfriend knows what that bulge in your pant leg is.
-You've laughed and said "Yep" to most of these.
-You rush to the gaming section of Wal-Mart even though you know that they have the same cards as the day before.
-Everytime you pass by Hallmark you mutter "They aren't a REAL card shop."
-Opening a new deck of cards is like Christmas all over again for you.
-You do an Elmsley count with your ticket stubs from the movies.
-Everytime somebody has a deck of cards, you can't help but feel giddy.
-You have dreams about your ultimate card trick.
-If it was a choice between death and never being able to handle cards again, you'd pick death.
-Whenever you watch a bunch of Brit's go on a fox hunt and they yell "Tally Ho!" you look around for your deck of Tally Ho's.

Sep 2, 2007
-When the sound of cards shuffling makes you turn your head so fast you get a crick in your neck
-When your heart actually speeds up when you see someone else with cards, even if its just poker.
-When you have to resist snickering when people proudly do a sloppy rifle shuffle and the ever-popular bridge
-When you gather crowds by playing idly with a deck
-When you discover decks in places you didn't realize you went
-When you find stacks of cards thicker than 3 decks in your bedroom when you clean it.
-When you find yourself flipping, twirling and spinning every small and medium sized object.

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
-when someone asks you to borrow your cards to play a game you say no every time (no matter the condition of the cards)
-if it takes you 30 minutes to get ready (and your not a ) (street magic magazine)
-(another street magic magazine) every time you move someone thinks you are going to do a trick
- if everyone thinks you can make anything disappear (ugh. so annoying after awhile)
-if you practice back palm with anything small and flexible (or not! lol)
-if you try to do the cobra cut with potato chips (really hard by the way)
-if it is hard to pick going out on a hot date or sitting at home watching parts of the trilogy again (not me i just think someone has or might)
-if for some reason some one has a coin it has to be rolling between your fingers.
-if you hand hurts right now just from doing the muscle pass so many times (still practicing!)
-if you can put almost anything (yes anything) into flip back. (and yes that is a challenge)

well that is all i can think of
these are so funny (and true)

- You start dressing differently just for more pocket space
- You buy a pack of Jerrys Nuggets
- You post in a thread about Knowing You're a Card Artist
- You have playing cards strewn across the floor always
- People tell you that you spend too much money or time with cards
- You know what a "Brick" of cards is
- You have more than 3 decks of cards
- You complain that a deck is clumping because it's been open before
- You refuse to play card games with Bridge or Plastic cards because they don't fan right
- You can't actually cut the deck normally anymore
- You get told off for sybiling the cards while people are betting
- You miss deadlines because you had to get that little thing just right
- You can't pick up a card without doing The Jones Change Card Twirl.
- You write peoples Birthday Cards on old worn out cards, never the aces.

Sep 2, 2007
Stockholm Sweden
I see myslef in alot of thees:D

- When your frineds dont let you shuffel the deck anymore at you weekly poker game.
- When your friends intreduce you to a new friend not by your name but "do a trick, watch this"

Thats all i have.

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
When your friends ask you first when they lost something
When someone borrows your cards for inspection you simply grab another deck out of your pocket
When your knuckles darken not because of hard physical labor/sport
When the first thing your friends do after meeting ou is googling for card/magic related terms
When the professor asks you to turn in your cards during the course you perform panic.
When you unconsciously always try to square things up
When the weight of your pants triples up
When you try to warm your hands up by doing DB^2 training tip.

Aya, we are odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Surrey.U.K
When you wake up in the morning and pick up cards after having dreams about playing cards.
When you think about the possibilities of having six fingers on each hand!

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
When you laugh because you get each and every single one of these jokes.
When you get a friend and the two of you dress up as the Buck Twins for Halloween.

When you get in trouble at school because the janitors can't decide how to get the card off of the 50 foot ceiling
When you start to tell people about how many cards you have, how many are opened and how many are closed. and then start to name the colours of them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results