Thread by Wayne Houchin

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Great review, but what do you really think? Hehe.

RS.

I really hate the effect and hope Wayne goes out of business. I was just giving a good review, because maybe he'll reward me with something. ;)

And yes, for those of you unsure, that was indeed sarcasm.

Now Romeo, I have to go read your thread about the audience's experience. I sat down to read it last night, but it was Past Midnight, and I was dead tired, so I'm definitely doing it today. I'm sure it will be awesome.

May 3, 2008
I don't know why so many people butcher the Sleight Method; to the audience it looks the same and setup is easy. The only problem I've had with it was that the gimmick broke in my pocket, but that was because i wasn't careful with it.I used the Sleight Method to audition for my talent show and reactions were insane. I've also used the Geek method and I can say that i will use both versions. The Geek Method doesn't hurt the tiniest bit for me anymore; in fact I could barely tell if I'd started pulling the thread from my eye. I will use this one regularly, but after a while my eye will get red and a bit sore, so I'd just switch to the sleight for a day or 2.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I don't know why so many people butcher the Sleight Method; to the audience it looks the same and setup is easy. The only problem I've had with it was that the gimmick broke in my pocket, but that was because i wasn't careful with it.I used the Sleight Method to audition for my talent show and reactions were insane. I've also used the Geek method and I can say that i will use both versions. The Geek Method doesn't hurt the tiniest bit for me anymore; in fact I could barely tell if I'd started pulling the thread from my eye. I will use this one regularly, but after a while my eye will get red and a bit sore, so I'd just switch to the sleight for a day or 2.

I agree, but I can't see myself using the sleight method very much, unless my eye was super irritated. It goes back to the "magical masturbation" thing, but oh well. But you're right, it does look the same to your audience, and there aren't any funny moves or anything.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
those were fun to read. especially the one in 5th period. i think more people should put stories like yours in their reviews from now on.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
those were fun to read. especially the one in 5th period. i think more people should put stories like yours in their reviews from now on.

Thank you. Maybe I can get a video or something tomorrow for 7th Hour. At the very least, I can probably record the reactions on my iPhone.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
If you don't then I will cry. :( You don't want me to cry do you?

- Sean

P.S. Awesome review, will probably be picking this up sometime soon.

I think it's hawt when you cry. ;)

Thanks for the compliments on the review. I'm not sure how I'll get the recording from my phone to the computer, because I don't have Itunes on this computer, but I'll do my best... just for you Sean.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Sorry guys, but I failed to get the performance recorded in any way- video or audio. It went great, though, and everybody loved it. I was asked to perform again tomorrow- that will be the third day in a row.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
*cries* :(

On a serious note, awesome :D good to hear some actual performance stories where people are having success with the effect.

- Sean

I'm sorry, I was so concerned about doing a good job and letting them enjoy it, that I totally forgot about recording it. I'll do better next time.

yeah i agree with the overall review, the geek method is one of the strongest effect i ever perform... and yeah it works just like how wayne did it... and to be honest... this is the very first trick i learned since i became a magician... thx wayne... lookin forward for your next product

Oct 29, 2013
Guys, I now that the topic is "dead" for a long time, but I would like to ask you something. Do I really need to use visine? I mean, I have the download and I know Wayne recommends it, but my question is, I use contact lenses, and for those I have a special liquid, so when I put the contact lenses I have to put the liquid on the lenses, and when I come home and take them off my eyes, I put the lenses on a flask with the same liquid. My questions is, instead of using VISINE, can I use the same liquid that I use with my lenses?

This is one of the liquids I have: https://www.google.pt/search?q=renu...vY7AbavYCYDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=698

This is another one I'm using: https://www.google.pt/search?q=renu...AcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=698#q=biotrue&tbm=isch

Can anyone please answer me this?
Thanks!

Nov 8, 2007
Guys, I now that the topic is "dead" for a long time, but I would like to ask you something. Do I really need to use visine? I mean, I have the download and I know Wayne recommends it, but my question is, I use contact lenses, and for those I have a special liquid, so when I put the contact lenses I have to put the liquid on the lenses, and when I come home and take them off my eyes, I put the lenses on a flask with the same liquid. My questions is, instead of using VISINE, can I use the same liquid that I use with my lenses?

This is one of the liquids I have: https://www.google.pt/search?q=renu...vY7AbavYCYDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=698

This is another one I'm using: https://www.google.pt/search?q=renu...AcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=698#q=biotrue&tbm=isch

Can anyone please answer me this?
Thanks!

My experience has been you can't do Thread with contacts in.

Oct 29, 2013
My experience has been you can't do Thread with contacts in.

If you go to the main page of the effect Thread here on theory 11, right here, http://store.theory11.com/products/thread

You can see in the frequently asked questions: "Can I perform THREAD if I wear contacts / glasses? Yes."

So I assume it's possible, anyway, I will try to do it with the contact lenses and leave my opinion here. What I really need to know is if I can use any of the liquids that I showed above..

Thanks for sharing your opinion

Nov 8, 2007
If you go to the main page of the effect Thread here on theory 11, right here, http://store.theory11.com/products/thread

You can see in the frequently asked questions: "Can I perform THREAD if I wear contacts / glasses? Yes."
Again, it's my experience that you can't do Thread with contacts in. At least not reliably without the contact either coming out--or at worst tearing. Is it possible to do it sometimes? Yes. Reliably? No. At least not in my experience. And setting up Thread while you have contacts in is a b!+<#. I'd be interested to hear about a solution though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 12, 2013
Awesome_Nerd523

I recently just got thread by Wayne Houchin and I was just wondering can I NOT use visine and do I have to have 100% cotton threads??

And btw thread is such an amazing simple effect.... I love it

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results