Derren Brown - Evening Of Wonders

Jun 2, 2008
Did anyone see this ? it was on last night on channel 4 and it was absolutly amazing most the stuff he did.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I caught the show last night - Absolutely awesome. Really REALLY good.

It was one of those shows where you could see how he was doing what he was doing, then he'd just blow you away by adding a ton of extra layers and telling people truly incredible things.

I'm looking forward to catching him live in a couple months.

D.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I caught the show last night - Absolutely awesome. Really REALLY good.

It was one of those shows where you could see how he was doing what he was doing, then he'd just blow you away by adding a ton of extra layers and telling people truly incredible things.

I'm looking forward to catching him live in a couple months.

D.

Dee, I assume you're going to one of the Nottingham Shows? Which one? I think I'm gonna aim for the 27th...

- Sean

May 8, 2008
England
Just incredible, leaps ahead of Something wicked this way comes I think...
I actually went to Evening of wonders, not the one that they filmed though. Truly amazing.
Definately need to pick up some tickets... Is it a whole new set of material?

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
I was there. The atmosphere he created was intense. Everything he did was astonishing (albeit, I didn't like the table turning). But truly, truly amazing... Especially when he collapsed at the end of the Oracle act. Everyone was really shocked and worried - and that feeling wasn't ruined by Channel 4's ad break either...

I'd go again if I could. Derren's one of the biggest influences on me now.

-Sam H

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I don't know whether it'll be all new stuff, but I imagine it'll be a new show after they've televised his last one!:p

I'll have a look which dates, I think we were going to go on the monday if we make it - we've got so many shows to perform and attend over the next few months..lol It's going to be manic!

D.

Jun 2, 2008
I was there. The atmosphere he created was intense. Everything he did was astonishing (albeit, I didn't like the table turning). But truly, truly amazing... Especially when he collapsed at the end of the Oracle act. Everyone was really shocked and worried - and that feeling wasn't ruined by Channel 4's ad break either...

I'd go again if I could. Derren's one of the biggest influences on me now.

-Sam H

I was thinking that when he collapsed that was to take the attention off of the box at the top and at that point he switched them and he knew the girl he was going to pick and he wrote down the number when she told him her number.

Worst thing he did was the penjulum thing. When the table floated was they just a rod or something in the table cloth ?

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
The floating table was a Losander's table - They're very good - You can pick one up for about £750, or a rip off version for about £350, but honestly, the Losander one's are much sexier.

I thought the gorilla suit switch out was the best - I REALLY wasn't expecting it!

D.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I'm pretty sure the box stayed in view in our show because it was in front of the Curtain at the start. But I also picked up on what you thought... intriguing. :p The Gorilla suit also got me, I was genuinely frightened hahaha.

Think I'm aiming for Monday 27th in Nottingham if anyone else is going to the same show, shoot me a PM to see if we can meet up before the show or something. :D

- Sean

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
That was great. Youtube is the bomb. That stuff is pretty great. I really liked his floating table bit. Well presented.
(liam-k the pendulum thing I'm assuming was a suggestibility test for the ouija table bit)
Overall really good!

I still really want to learn how to do that finale with the suspended box, to add something similar to my show. Someone mentioned that 13 steps was a good place to start looking.

May 19, 2008
manchester
well.... think of how long the curtain was closed... think of how they all looked worried.

im not trying to expose it. its just a hint

Jan 16, 2008
Wroking Overseas
Has anyone heard anything about being able to purchase any of his television shows or live performances? I would loooooove to purchase any of his series over the Mind Freak seasons. I was just thinking that maybe you can buy it in the UK or something.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results