BULLETIN : andthensome +YOURSTUFF Contest

Well if it's a double, I'd just use one of Dan and Dave's doubles.

The double's not the problem. Doubles are universal, why would there be. The problem is that if he can't teach the other moves, and all that's left is a double, I don't think that would really count as a tutorial.

"Hi, you start off with a double lift, and then go to (random site name here) to learn these next two moves. And that's how it's done."

Get it?

Hence the aura of tragedy about this contest.

I suppose it's how you look at it right? For the one person that wins, "Yay! I have one of my moves on the new D&D DVD! Everyone is going to see it.". For one person, it doesn't sound so bad. However, there is also the very obvious fact. They will get to see how a lot of other peoples stuff is done. Whether the moves entered are good or bad, they're gonna know a lot of peoples secrets. For everyone as a whole, that's not such a good thing.

May 3, 2008
I wouldn't worry too much about the explanation of the moves as I think this is more or less about creativity of an amazing trick or flourish. Maybe give a vague explanation and reference the sources. the tutorial I think is secondary. Anyone watching your trick on the dvd if interested will look nito it.

Sep 1, 2007
Maybe give a vague explanation and reference the sources. the tutorial I think is secondary.

That rather defeats the purpose of putting it on an instructional DVD, doesn't it?

Anyone watching your trick on the dvd if interested will look nito it.

Despite the fact that, being an original creation, it is not published anywhere else.

Not if I can help it...

Then don't talk to me.

I wouldn't worry too much about the explanation of the moves as I think this is more or less about creativity of an amazing trick or flourish. Maybe give a vague explanation and reference the sources. the tutorial I think is secondary. Anyone watching your trick on the dvd if interested will look nito it.

It's a teaching DVD, How is the tutorial any less important than the actual move itself?

May 3, 2008
It's a teaching DVD, How is the tutorial any less important than the actual move itself?

The way i see it, you're more of a bonus performance than a full blown instructor on this dvd. Of course that's just my opinion. To be honest I don't like this contest and don't think this contest was thought out well. If you had a trick worthy of submission, why would you give the secret away to magicians all over the world?

Full Blown Instructor? They're asking you to show one of your things, and explain how it's done. There's thirteen pages of flourishing tutotials on Decknique and I don't believe any of the people teaching them are "Full Blown Instructors". Again i'll restate, it's a teaching DVD, why would they care more about the performance than the actual teaching? The idea of them putting your stuff on the DVD in the first place is so not so everyone can simply marvel at what was done, but so everyone else can learn how to do your move or trick or whatever. With that said, I like half the idea of the contest. I like the idea that you could get a lot of recognition for for being on this thing. However, I don't like the fact that they will get to see as much as they will. But i'm not entering in this, so what do I care lol.

May 3, 2008
Full Blown Instructor? They're asking you to show one of your things, and explain how it's done. There's thirteen pages of flourishing tutotials on Decknique and I don't believe any of the people teaching them are "Full Blown Instructors". Again i'll restate, it's a teaching DVD, why would they care more about the performance than the actual teaching? The idea of them putting your stuff on the DVD in the first place is so not so everyone can simply marvel at what was done, but so everyone else can learn how to do your move or trick or whatever. With that said, I like half the idea of the contest. I like the idea that you could get a lot of recognition for for being on this thing. However, I don't like the fact that they will get to see as much as they will. But i'm not entering in this, so what do I care lol.

What you say makes complete sense and agree with it competely, only I think the contest should've been a performance without the tutorial. Including an explanation just makes it..complicated for lack of a better word. I didn't enter either so I don't know why we're having this discussion. Haha.

Sep 1, 2007
What you say makes complete sense and agree with it competely, only I think the contest should've been a performance without the tutorial. Including an explanation just makes it..complicated for lack of a better word. I didn't enter either so I don't know why we're having this discussion. Haha.

I'm not sure I follow you there. I did my best to be as painstakingly detailed as possible in my explanation of my sleight. I took up basically the entire 10 minutes. If I want to see a performance, there are plenty on youtube. I saw this as more of a chance to really see a good high-quality tutorial for something wholly original. I know that whatever they pick will be up to their standards.

Apr 8, 2008
Maybe this whole contest is to inspire people to be creative?
:S
I know it might be a waste of work, but hey, if you don't feel like giving, nobody's forcing you to.

Nov 3, 2007
Kyrgyzstan
QUESTION to T11

Question to J.Bayme.
Hey J.B. I've upload my vid right now. But how I can know that you recieved it? PLZ answer me have you recieved vid from magic_john@mail.ru. Name of the file - f2009_DivX_low.
Ohhh. And PLZ check out your PM. I've sent you a lettter :) PEACE. I'm waiting

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results