A New Idea For a Project...

So I had an idea today. I really like to write and read stories and I always have. so I wanted to create a series of short stories based on one magician starting at the point where he is just starting to learn up until he goes pro. I thought it would be fun. My goal is to write a "Chapter" a week and at the end everyone can read them here and I'll print them out for extra credit in English class. I may even make them into an ebook and market it.

so I am going to start writing tonight. the first one will be released on Friday. (Either in early afternoon or late at night. I'm going to see Friday the 13th so I'll be home at like 1 in the morning.)

So what do you guys think.
Oh! And some of the stuff will be based off of stories I have read around here.

Dylan P.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
That sounds like a good idea.

Can I ask though: Are you looking for constructive criticism? Or would you rather it simply be read and left at that?

Just want to make sure before I post any reply to it. Looking forward.

Jan 13, 2008
That sounds like a good idea.

Can I ask though: Are you looking for constructive criticism? Or would you rather it simply be read and left at that?

Just want to make sure before I post any reply to it. Looking forward.
Wondering the same. I often peer review and edit my friends' work (I may not be in the Arts and Humanities faculty, but I sure could be, heh), and I'd like to know if that sort of thing would be looked at as helpful or insulting. :)

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
When I saw the post from you and the thread title, I thought it was going to be about something different :p

This sounds great man. I would definitely be interested in giving it a read. :)

-Sam H

Nov 30, 2007
Is a few days enough to write a good short story? I would take a little bit more time if I were you, but we all have different writing speeds.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results