What new name will you use in your magic?

Sep 3, 2007
Are you guys trying to guess my last name? No it's not Smith. You've probably never heard it before, but it's not a weird name.

If you guys want to keep guessing my name I'll give you a hint. The name is German and it ends with an L.

Also, does it really matter what my last name is?

Yes, Because it is Skull.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Where's your red bandanna? There was one...

Ok I admit it, it was lame.

There, I've changed my avatar :p

On topic though, I've found this thread interesting how many people think it's important to be yourself, whilst others (e.g. William) feel that you can be yourself whilst appearing under a pseudonym.

Why do we have Pseudonyms? Does this make our performance character more mysterious? Or does this make your performance more fictional if people know that it's not your actual name?

Maybe I analyse too much... Or perhaps not enough...

- Sean

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Why do we have Pseudonyms? Does this make our performance character more mysterious? Or does this make your performance more fictional if people know that it's not your actual name?

Maybe I analyse too much... Or perhaps not enough...

- Sean

A stage name can help get bookings, and some times they just happen. I wish I could remember the magician I'm thinking of, but I read a bit of news somewhere a while ago (sorry for being so vague) that talked about a magician that adapted a stage name and promptly tripled his bookings. Let's not forget that Harry Houdini and Dai Vernon were not born with those names.

It's all part of your total image. Like how you dress and how you speak. Personally, I have a very common first name and a last name that's only been pronounced correctly once in my entire life by a stranger. If I could come up with a performance name that didn't sound completely stupid, I'd be using one.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results