What new name will you use in your magic?

There, I've changed my avatar :p

On topic though, I've found this thread interesting how many people think it's important to be yourself, whilst others (e.g. William) feel that you can be yourself whilst appearing under a pseudonym.

Why do we have Pseudonyms? Does this make our performance character more mysterious? Or does this make your performance more fictional if people know that it's not your actual name?

Maybe I analyse too much... Or perhaps not enough...

- Sean

I'll try and answer this one for you Sean. First my last name isn't Black HUH!, It's actually Proctor. I changed my name to Black 10 years ago due to two reasons. First, my audience could never remember Proctor so my call backs and searches were short lived so I changed it to make it easier for my audience to remember it which I believe is why most entertainers do this anyways plus for security reasons, our lives are exposed so much and its a crazy world. Second, I always loved Johnny Cash (the man in black), hence Shane Black. My tribute to the man.

I don't think there is any true secret to why except for the fact it's easier for your audience to remember and makes it easier for them to find you for later dates if required.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results