Your reputation maker? Mine is Indecent.

Sep 1, 2007
i was just wondering what everyone's reputation maker is. For me so far it has been indecent (thanks wayne)

i performed indecent almost six months ago i think, and ever since then it has been seen as what my friends call real magic. i peform for people around university and clubs a fair bit and anytime friends ask etc ...

even thought i have performed what i think are amazing effects people always think nothing compares to what they call "the bag trick"

i thnk it's because no matter how impressed they are with what i do they always know when it comes down to it, its all sleight of hand .

BUT when i performed indecent for the first time in front of a big crowd at my friends flat (apartment for non UK people) i used one of the zip lock bags that they owned and they looked at the deck first so in their mind there was no way to trick them, everything seemed clean and when i pulled up the bag and they all saw it in there they went crazy and for me it was so simple because i practised so much but the reactions were crazy, and since then i always get asked to perform "the bag trick" even friends of friends know about it and they haven't even seen me performing any mgic.

i think we all have to remember how good the simple stuff is, because the more basic it seems the more unreal it seems.

so even though we all love to practise our fancy flourishes and crazy sleight of hand, just never forget the basic and simple stuff that hits hard.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
It's funny you should mention the simple stuff. I actually have a few reputation makers. Here are some.

- Invisible deck
- Coin through shirt
- Ambitious Card
- Hovercard

Huruey

Sep 1, 2007
You know, its funny, I did a show recently for a bridal shower. My reputation maker? a very simple self working trick. The kicker? the revelation card appeared under the seat of the spec helping me, as a giant card. Conclusion: simple DOES hit hard, simple and creative SMOTHERS. :cool:

Sep 4, 2007
Birmingham UK
Mine was actually my 'Cheating at cards' routine, which is just a variation of the pass and invisible palm.

I preformed this extremely well infront of almost all of my year in our common room. I believe it was my presentation and patter that made this better than my hard hitting tricks.

Sep 14, 2007
Last year at school I did a card to banana at lunch. People still talk about it and ask me to do the "banana trick":D

-magicmatt:)

Sep 2, 2007
For me, any levitation is a reputation maker because it's supernatural. It's not someone who has fast hands and is skilled with a deck, but rather someone who surpasses the laws of gravity and physics. Levitations are great for street cred.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results